Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Are people in the area that against this theme park?

I thought the people in Texas want to make money but don't want an easy money maker that is also going to be a fun place to take your kids?

No one wants something that's potentially crowded and noisy in their back yard-- they're afraid it will turn into a big coaster park with nightly fireworks and traffic jams everyday no matter how many assurances they get.

No one wants something that's potentially crowded and noisy in their back yard-- they're afraid it will turn into a big coaster park with nightly fireworks and traffic jams everyday no matter how many assurances they get.

There have been so many projects in South Florida alone that never got built for the same reason, unfortunately. Zoo Miami was going to be turned into a Fox (before Disney acquired it) themed park.

Well if they put more homes there which seems to be the plan before it seems like traffic would be worst then a theme park or the same.

As for Fireworks, Drones are the future of Nighttime shows. Not saying all but Universal could just have a nice Drone show and never bring fireworks here, as for a coaster unless its within sight lines of your house you will never hear a coaster and the lands looks pretty far from most houses.
People confuse me, they want things built but not near them, like then nothing new goes anywhere. You can also move but the world has to move forward and good idea's embraced. At least its not a stadium that will cost the tax payers money and also cause just major traffic

Hence why Universal came to the table with traffic studies, same thing happened with Epic. Personally I can see why people could be afraid of more traffic, congestion, and noise from a major entertainment project like this. I just think they don't understand this will be along the lines of an FEC, not a 10+ million person park.

So what if the park doesn't do well as a family park? What happens if Universal sells it? Or if they turn it into a thrill park or year round HHN? The CURRENT plan is fine, but there's no telling what may happen down the road.

The neighbors will always think the worst no matter how many assurances they get.

I'm not saying any of this will happen, but I also understand why neighbors have trepidation.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
So what if the park doesn't do well as a family park? What happens if Universal sells it? Or if they turn it into a thrill park or year round HHN? The CURRENT plan is fine, but there's no telling what may happen down the road.

The neighbors will always think the worst no matter how many assurances they get. And neighbors who move into an area after a park was already built spend a lot of time, money, and energy fighting the park even though the park was there first.

I'm not saying any of this will happen, but I also understand why neighbors have trepidation.

I get it! I really do. No one wants to live around I-Drive or Harbor Blvd. But sometimes it becomes very NIMBY stuck up.

I live just off I-Drive (Orangewood Blvd, Williamsburg). I knew when I moved here what to expect, but people who moved from the city to the suburbs to get a way from traffic and crowds aren't happy when the traffic and crowds follow them to their new home.

I think they are short sighted-- a great ratable (tax revenue source) is a great thing to have in your city. I think they could easily put strictures on the property about hours and noise levels and have protection from most of the things they fear about this.

The neighbors will always think the worst no matter how many assurances they get.

I mean, that's not the plan. That's any project but this one makes sense for everyone and think at worst they get a coaster or two one day. Maybe a few special event nights for families but I don't think this park will ever become a Full Universal Studios theme park. It's made for families and if anything should be great if your planning on raising kids in the area.

I read the article, it's like 14 people who were vocal at the meeting with mix views for the park and against it. The main concern was "crime" which is . . . let me stay on topic lol. I think most residents understand Universal is not looking to build their next flagship resort and understand this will be something local with some (read; us) visitors from out of town on a texas coaster journey. No one has brought forth a legitimate reason to not build.

Last edited:
I read the article, it's like 14 people who were vocal at the meeting with mix views for the park and against it. The main concern was "crime" which is . . . let me stay on topic lol. I think most residents understand Universal is not looking to build their next flagship resort and understand this will be something local with some (read; us) visitors from out of town on a texas coaster journey. No one has brought forth a legitimate reason to not build.

It's always those 14 busybodies at the city hall meeting raising hell over cool stuff.