Universal Monsters: Unmasked (HHN 32) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters: Unmasked (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is a massive nitpick that really DOESN'T MATTER, but a tiny part of me keeps mumbling that Jeckyll and Hyde isn't a Universal Monster.
Universal Monsters the category is huge but they only kept the popular ones are the classic monsters due to distinctive designs...(ape woman and a few others were included but get removed and added based on the moods)

Reactions: Ahmanet
They're definitely including Jekyll & Hyde as a "Classic Monster" on a kind of technicality, but the story fits well with the established Monster characters.

Even though the 1931 film from Paramount is excellent (one of the relatively few horror films to win an Oscar for acting), it would have been fun to see what Universal might have done with their version of an adaptation during their '30s/'40s horror heyday. The closest they got was ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE in the '50s, which -- while fun -- is not exactly a faithful interpretation!
riding-boris-karloff.gif

Which Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde movie should o watch for this?
As @Brian G. pointed out above, that's technically the Universal-made silent production (predating the company being called Universal).

This is still the best adaptation, however:
MV5BMTc1MjE3NTMxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ0NzkxMjE@._V1_.jpg

There was a new restoration of the film that came out last year from Warner Archive, and it looks incredible. If you're at all a fan of black-and-white horror, definitely seek it out. The transformation into Hyde (mostly achieved in-camera) is wonderfully inventive for its time.

I'm actually curious on what kind of mask he will have (if any) side white face mask
Or the original half face mask.

Anyone have an idea where the exit might be for this?
I'd imagine it would exit through the ET queue like B79 has in the past, but I guess there's a chance it exits out by the indoor Coke Freestyle station. Typically where the Sprungs exit.

Really doubt Monsters would enter or exit by Cafe La Bamba, cause that's a ridiculous walk.

Reactions: JunoSynth
One thing I haven't seen brought up is a phantom chandelier scare for this house. Are we thinking something similar to Monsters '19 with the static prop and sound effect or could we see some kind of animatronic/ actor controlled effect? Or since we have so many monsters and other sets will they forego a chandelier scare all together, it seems like Hollywood is going this route staying subterranean.