Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 373 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don’t think that we’ll find out the name of the park through a trademark search. The information is too publicly available and we know who and what to search for.

I think they’ll hire some law firm to trademark the name for them and then transfer it over to Universal when the time is right.

The only way to prevent it from being found is to announce the name before filing the trademark. Even if they had some other company file the mark, it would still be extremely easy to find by running a search like this that only returned results relating to them park trademarks:

bG46meJ.png

Also, I didn't see this mentioned yet, but in addition to filing the Epic Universe mark for theme park use they also trademarked it for tons of merch and other miscellaneous uses as well - something they didn't do (or haven't done yet...) for Fantastic Worlds:

g7larKO.png

Here's a full list of all the other uses they filed:

Word Mark UNIVERSAL'S EPIC UNIVERSE
Goods and Services IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Books and magazines in the fields of entertainment; paper party decorations; paper party supplies, namely, paper napkins, paper place mats, gift wrapping paper and paper gift wrapping ribbons, paper gift wrap bows, paper table cloths and paper party bags; children's activity books; children's storybooks; comic books; graphic novels; coloring books; book marks; loose leaf binders; stationery-type portfolios; wire-bound notebooks; note pads; writing pads; blank journals; diaries; daily planners; calendars; scrapbook albums; sketchbook albums; photograph albums; sticker albums; stickers, decals; stamp pads; inking pads; rubber stamps; temporary tattoo transfers; slateboards for writing; pencils; pens; pencil erasers; decorative pencil-top ornaments; pen cases and pencil cases; pen boxes and pencil boxes; pencil sharpeners; chalk; markers; posters; postcards; trading cards, other than for games; greeting cards; pennants made of paper; painting sets for children; arts and crafts paint kits; study kits, consisting of pencil erasers, drawing rulers, pencil sharpeners and pencil case; stationery packs consisting of writing paper, envelopes, markers, and stencils; activity kits consisting of stickers and rubber stamps

Goods and Services IC 018. US 001 002 003 022 041. G & S: Articles made from leather and imitations of leather, namely, card cases, change purses, coin purses, fanny packs, luggage, luggage tags, knapsacks, key cases, leather key chains, satchels, waist packs, wallets; bags, namely, all purpose sport bags, athletic bags, all puirpose carrying bags, baby backpacks, backpacks, beach bags, book bags, duffel bags, gym bags, overnight bags; shopping bags of canvas, mesh, or textile; tote bags; purses; handbags; wallets; umbrellas; diaper bags; knapsacks

Goods and Services IC 021. US 002 013 023 029 030 033 040 050. G & S: Battery powered toothbrushes; beverageware; shot glasses; bottle openers; bowls; cake molds; cookie cutters; cookie jars; crystal, ceramic, glass and porcelain figurines; crystal, ceramic, glass and porcelain sculptures; cupcake molds; dental care kits comprising toothbrushes and floss; dental floss; dinnerware; dishes; drinking straws; hair brushes; hair combs; ice cube molds; insulating sleeve holders for beverage cans; lunch boxes; pet brushes; pet feeding and drinking bowls; piggy banks; plastic coasters; plastic squeeze bottles sold empty; plastic water bottles sold empty; plates; salt and pepper shakers; serving trays; soap dispensers; soap holders; sports bottles with molded character heads sold empty; teapots not made of precious metal; thermal insulated containers for food or beverages; toothbrush holders; toothbrushes; wastepaper baskets

Goods and Services IC 024. US 042 050. G & S: Bed sheets, towels, washcloths, bed skirts; bed spreads; bed blankets, pillow covers; blanket throws; children's blankets; comforters; curtains; quilts; household linens; textile napkins; textile place mats; textile tablecloths; throws; cloth pennants; cloth flags

Goods and Services IC 025. US 022 039. G & S: Clothing namely, shirts and tops, dresses, skirts, pants, trousers, jeans, shorts, rompers, overalls, sweatshirts and sweat pants, sweatsuits, gloves, suspenders, ties, coats and jackets, hosiery, pajamas, robes, sleep shirts, sleepwear, underwear, Halloween costumes, infantwear and cloth baby bibs; hats; headwear, namely, caps; shoes, boots, and slippers

Goods and Services IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Toys, games and playthings, namely, action figures and accessories therefor, bathtub toys, kites, toy building blocks, board games, action skill games, manipulative games, target games, bubble making wand and solution sets, children's multiple activity toys, costume masks, mechanical toys, toy vehicles and accessories therefor, dolls, doll accessories, doll clothing, bean bag dolls, toy figures and accessories therefor, play figures, inflatable toys, flying discs, jigsaw puzzles, marbles, plush toys, puppets, ride-on toys, skateboards, balloons, roller skates, toy banks, water squirting toys and stuffed toys; Christmas tree ornaments; water globes; pinball machines; playing cards; hand-held unit for playing electronic games adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor; hand-held unit for playing electronic games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor, golf and sports balls, stress relief exercise balls

I think this is an overall resort rebranding like others have suggested.

Last edited:
The only way to prevent it from being found is to announce the name before filing the trademark. Even if they had some other company file the mark, it would still be extremely easy to find by running a search like this that only returned results relating to them park trademarks:

bG46meJ.png

Also, I didn't see the mentioned yet, but in addition to filing the Epci Universe mark for theme park use they also trademarked it for tons of merch and other miscellaneous uses as well - something they didn't do (or haven't done yet...) for Fantastic Worlds:

g7larKO.png

Damn, good find!

bG46meJ.png

Also, I didn't see the mentioned yet, but in addition to filing the Epci Universe mark for theme park use they also trademarked it for tons of merch and other miscellaneous uses as well - something they didn't do (or haven't done yet...) for Fantastic Worlds:

g7larKO.png

Even with that they could flood the trademark office with 20 names and not reveal the actual name until the announcement. Worst case scenario is that they pick a name and we all love the fake one but it’s free and easy market research for them.

It’s interesting comparing this to IOA. The first trademark for that was made in 1995 but it did leave the obvious clue of saying: Universal’s Islands of Adventure. The trademark is far more specific than the trademarks above.

Am I right in thinking that there’s a few days delay between a trademark being applied and showing up?

bG46meJ.png

Also, I didn't see this mentioned yet, but in addition to filing the Epic Universe mark for theme park use they also trademarked it for tons of merch and other miscellaneous uses as well - something they didn't do (or haven't done yet...) for Fantastic Worlds:

g7larKO.png

Well they are kind of obsessed with that word around here...

9EC925F3-7F95-43F4-944C-5A1CA3853EDA.jpeg

BE741CC0-AD71-497C-A4E7-EDD599CF0A2E.jpeg

bG46meJ.png

g7larKO.png

Perhaps it could be more of a marketing campaign for UPR in general, and not a rebrand of UOR?

Perhaps it could be more of a marketing campaign for UPR in general, and not a rebrand of UOR?
This seems possible: “Come experience Universal’s Epic Universe at Universal Orlando Resort.” Phew... that’s exhausting. But I really could see them doing something like that. Even though I suggested the possibility, I really hope they don’t rebrand the resort.

True true. But is it any more clunky than say, Universal’s Endless Summer Resort’s Surfside and Dockside Inn and Suites?
super clunky. Why not lose the Endless Summer resorts? I really wonder at the quality of marketing staff and how they strain for simple things. I suspect the talent they have has been diluted after being run through the corporate sieve. Like many recent projects.

Last edited:

bG46meJ.png

g7larKO.png

I think it's more of a brand for Site B since it's so detached from the other property....Perhaps something like visit Universal's Fantastic Worlds theme park and an all new shopping and dining complex at Universal's Epic Universe part of Universal Orlando Resort..........good lord

I believe its to delineate the level of details between the two areas.

When I hear Epic Universe, I think that the entertainment area won't be like CityWalk as well as the resorts and hotel not being based on real world locations/times like the current campus.

Essentially imagine a entire resort very much themed to the core with the city walk being the hub to all these different worlds etc which fit the hotels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.