Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 374 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please, please, please don't let them use this name in any context whatsoever. Epic Universe is a terrible name. Universal's Epic Universe is a disastrous name. It's like saying "Disney's Land of Disney." WTF? If it's the name of the new park then that's a tragic display of marketing ineptitude. If they are rebranding the resort with this name that's misguided considering the past issues they had with Universal Escape. And if they needed to rebrand for whatever reason why not just use, "Universal's Epic Resort" to avoid the redundancy in using the word Universe twice in a phrase three words long.

If they are giving an entirely new name to the second property itself then that's even MORE confusing and quite frankly unnecessary. You don't need to give special names to the different areas of your resort. That would be like if Disney packaged Epcot and its surrounding resorts as a separate entity called "Disney's Epcot World Resort." It would be like they were intentionally TRYING to confuse the consumer.

Fantastic Worlds is a perfect name for the new park. Name the shopping district something distinct and then just consider it all part of Universal Orlando Resort. It's not that complicated.

Last edited:
I like it, but then again English is not my native tong. It doesn't confuse me (and I'm not even that smart) or makes me angry (that would be silly, right).

And...a real good earnings report....Comcast reported stronger than expected second quarter profit. The company reported a 22 per cent jump in earnings to $3.22 Billion, or 69 cents a share. Comcast added 260,000 high speed internet customers during the quarter, while it lost 140,000 video cable customers.

Reactions: jtsalien
"We're looking at it" basically means "yes unless something so drastic changes our minds"

This is how I see it. A company the size of Comcast has to be careful with their words. Committing to something too early can disrupt investors. By slowly teasing and showing early "looking at" it makes it safe until they can legitimately say, "We are building it and it's because it brings back XXXX for your investment."

Also, as an update, they're doing the "We're looking at it" dance. Not "confirming" so to speak, but I have to assume permits and trademarks and the like will flood out at some point, and they just decided to get ahead of it.

Comcast Call: Universal Acknowledges Plans for New Florida Theme Park

I’m just surprised that they acknowledged it this early. Permits shouldn’t leak for at least another five/six months, so why talk about it now.

Also, a new gate does not get people to spend 3-4 more days at Universal. There’s going to be more than that. :freak:

Reactions: ZachPL
Status
Not open for further replies.