Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

I'm surprised that noone has brought this up, like at all; but ET may be getting a new coat of paint to it's showbuilding. From Imagineer6,

So interesting to see the old soundstage color scheme still around. I'm thinking that's the last building/area not updated to the gold color scheme. The old one reminds me of the early nineties and makes me smile.

Not sure if this counts as a refurb But I couldn't find an appropriate existing thread and didn't want to start a new one for something so small...

I saw the Fear Factor show for the first time in AGES yesterday. They cut the entire finale with the cars and the explosion. Was that a fluke thing for the day or has that been permanently been cut? Also they only had four contestants instead of 6. Was that because they couldn't get enough people to audition or is that the new norm?

I know the more important use for that theatre is to host Bill & Teds, but is there any rumored replacement coming for that show/theatre.... its current state is pretty sad

Not sure if this counts as a refurb But I couldn't find an appropriate existing thread and didn't want to start a new one for something so small...

I saw the Fear Factor show for the first time in AGES yesterday. They cut the entire finale with the cars and the explosion. Was that a fluke thing for the day or has that been permanently been cut? Also they only had four contestants instead of 6. Was that because they couldn't get enough people to audition or is that the new norm?

I know the more important use for that theatre is to host Bill & Teds, but is there any rumored replacement coming for that show/theatre.... its current state is pretty sad

They'll only do 4 or 5 if there aren't enough qualified candidates in any given casting round.

What did they do instead of the cars/explosion?

I think this was briefly mentioned when they first came out how Universal has new nametags now, but what I haven't seen mentioned is that includes matching nametags for each of the resorts with their own individual flair!
Here's the new standard Universal nametag:
Universal%20nametag.jpg

Royal Pacific:
Royal%20Pacific%20nametag.jpg

Sapphire Falls:
Sapphire%20Falls%20nametag.jpg

Portofino Bay:
Portofino%20Bay%20nametag.jpg

Hard Rock:
Hard%20Rock%20nametag.jpg

Cabana Bay:
Cabana%20Bay%20nametag.jpg

I love details like this!

Sorry to backtrack but I've just seen this post. From a printing and price point of view, this is clever. They're printed using sublimation which allows for badges to be printed quickly, cheaply and personalised. Given the unique outline, it's difficult to fake a realistic looking badge too.

~watch this space~

:thumbsup:

Watching! :popcorn:

They'll only do 4 or 5 if there aren't enough qualified candidates in any given casting round.

What did they do instead of the cars/explosion?

And nothing! They just did the two rounds and ended it at the squid toss... and the contestants ended in a tie so they were like "ok well it's a tie so the person who hung on the longest in the first round wins!!" .... pretty lackluster show :thumbsdown:

And nothing! They just did the two rounds and ended it at the squid toss... and the contestants ended in a tie so they were like "ok well it's a tie so the person who hung on the longest in the first round wins!!" .... pretty lackluster show :thumbsdown:

Bizarre/embarrassing. I've seen shows where the explosion won't happen, but they always run the stunt course. Can anyone report if the final act is scrapped for good?

Quint's subtle clues almost always come to fruition. I always watch what he says. He's for sure in the know.

Last edited: