Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

The milkshakes are good and you can add toppings. I like the music and atmosphere, but yea, the food isn't that great. Same burgers as other quick service locations in the park, but it's always cooked worse here for some reason when I go.

View attachment 4953
Rootbeer floats are great too. The menu basically reflects it's 1950's, early 1960's setting, so I doubt they would want to change that much, short of better quality.

The milkshakes are good and you can add toppings. I like the music and atmosphere, but yea, the food isn't that great. Same burgers as other quick service locations in the park, but it's always cooked worse here for some reason when I go.

View attachment 4953

One thing I don't like about the Universal quick service milkshakes is that they're basically soft serve ice cream! I like to go to the in park Ben and Jerry's instead.

One thing I don't like about the Universal quick service milkshakes is that they're basically soft serve ice cream! I like to go to the in park Ben and Jerry's instead.
Hehe, the soft serve aspect is exactly why I love them.

Just don't ever get one at Monsters Cafe. It's made from ice! Not ice cream or soft serve. And it's terrible. More like a frozen Vanilla Bean Frappuccino than a milk shake.

I like the soft-servy ones from Mel's, Captain America's, and Burger Digs the best. Mmmm, dense soft serve pretending to be a drink, oh how I love you.

I remember eating at Mel's in the mid 90's as part of a school trip to Universal.

Nothing has changed. It's weird in that way. I can't think of anything else that is so much the same from that period.
Yeah. I grew up in that period (50's 60's). That was the menu of just about every single burger dining joint. And it has the perfect authentic look and feel. I feel like I've been transported back to my youth every time I walk in there. Universal hit it perfectly with Mels.

Rootbeer floats are great too. The menu basically reflects it's 1950's, early 1960's setting, so I doubt they would want to change that much, short of better quality.

I really wish it was better. We had to go there once cause my daughter goes by Mel, so we sorta had to give it a shot. IT was not good. Kind of a bummer. Burgers are easy, not sure how they messed up so bad.

Also might confirm a new parade! We've always have only had 1 parade building, now 2!

Looks to me like that it's while shorter; has a good extension compared to the other one that was just built.

Maybe they'll keep the holiday/Mardi Gras floats in there while the one built a few months back sustains the Superstar Parade?

I think this new parade building is to just house another parade building inside. It's a parade building building.

How about this, "Parade Building & Knuckles (the other Parade Building)".

That is a good name, better than "Parade Building Building".

;)

Well, hopefully with this second parade building that will be the house location that replaces the current parade building

Surpsising, I have doubts that they are going to use the Parade building being constructed for Horror Nights.

2a6031c9d53d48fda501d84bac7089ff