Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting tidbit I had no idea about:

Taylor Strickland ‏@PWT101
Apparently the recent JP:RA refurb was done by a new team called the Universal Creative Show Quality Team.
Based on how little was accomplished in the last JPRA refurb (aside from repainting rocks) I don't think I'd advertise being on that "team"...

Based on how little was accomplished in the last JPRA refurb (aside from repainting rocks) I don't think I'd advertise being on that "team"...

Yeah. I mentioned that to Taylor on Twitter, but River Adventure is still reportedly suffering the same staggering show quality problems I saw in January. This includes: Ultrasaur movement not restored to 100%, visible mechanics on the Psitocrasaurs (sp?), Stegos starting their movements late, second Hadrosaur stuck in the upright, "above" water position indefinitely, broken Raptor 1, no lights and broken Raptor 2, nowhere near enough fog on Tiffany.

Yeah. What great "show quality..."

He also posted that under this team, all of the lighting was changed to LED and that all of the dino skins were replaced.

I believe this team has been around since 2011 or '12..remember the LED upgrades to the CityWalk theater and chimney smoke in Hogsmede?

Went on JPRA yesterday, don't remember if anyone said that if the doors were working or not before, but they were working yesterday!

10881C9E-D161-47A3-AA28-11A536BCAF8D_zpsewcjgzbu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This weird rigging as well as some plants replaced the Popeye statue in Toon Lagoon :look:

Maybe they're waiting to update Dinos since you know this big movie is coming out soon? I agree about the issues with show quality on this one but their is more to the story... Just sayin

what was the point of this floral display up here as soon as you walk through the POE besides decor?

and how long has this photo connect camera being in Jurrasic Park? Pretty neat idea.

The floral is probably for a special event.
The camera looks very new, where exactly is it?

GradBash is soon.

The camera is between the Watering Hole and the Discovery Center. Out of frame to the left is a photo op with a dino. The camera is for an automated photo connect station.

The camera has been around in the past. It was at one of the Dino/jeep photo ops, but I recall it not being there when Kongstruction started and they started moving the Dino around.

You scan your photo connect card, then you get a count down to when it will take the picture. It is kind of nice is that you can get a shot with the whole family without it being staffed with a photographer.

Last edited: