Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure where to post this, but we had express on our recent trip and to me, it seems that they have replaced the scanners they use at the express entrances. I think the last time we had express, the scanners had a straight line projected out of them to read the bar code, now a circle is projected that I assume the team member uses to center the beam on the bar code. Anyway, we did not ride a lot, but the readers seem to work much better than before as they quickly registered and let us through where in the past it seemed we always had a time when it would not read and the TM would give up and just let us through.

If these have been upgraded, more kudos to UNI for the continued investment in improving the guest experience!

For those that might have been worried about their fate, the Blues Brothers will return to their normal location.

A permit has been filed for the construction of a new stage.
good to know their status is fine. That will make my GF happy. She's always getting pulled by one of the BB's to dance solo with them or sing on the steps.

This post brought back memories!!!!
Post all pictures pertaining to misc refurbs resort wide here please.

I will start us off with some Lagoon viewing work being done and also Park Ave is boarded up at the Studios as work is being done to the facades.

May142011001.jpg

May142011002.jpg

May142011003.jpg

May142011004.jpg

What the heck? What about the front burner.... and the fast track.....and May 2016? LOL

Yeah, what about that stuff I reported.

I have learned more about that... but I ain't reporting it as it complicates my narrative and contradicts everything. Changes of theme style etc.

I am gobsmacked.

That said, I had to watch videos of kidzone today because I never ventured there in all my many visits. Why is it there? The videos showed lame attendance and a pathetic attempt to be the MK. It all seemed second rate IPs. Argue that.

So 611 is still happening next year...but with a different theme than you thought?

2016 is what I heard a month or so ago. I did not push that in a recent communication as it wasn't appropriate. I would assume the coaster design hasn't changed at all but who knows.

This reminds me of the last minute HHN changes when a new IP gets forced on them, bumping previous designs.

2016 is what I heard a month or so ago. I did not push that in a recent communication as it wasn't appropriate. I would assume the coaster design hasn't changed at all but who knows.

This reminds me of the last minute HHN changes when a new IP gets forced on them, bumping previous designs.
And those houses haven't turned out very well....Silent Hill