Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
5 new NoC just filed today from Universal for miscellaneous work:

#1. USF B5 Mezzanine Extension
#2. IOA B254-G Mezzanine Extension
#3. New LED Message Signs at Toll Plazas at Parking Garages.
#4. Modify the Accelerator Motor Cooling Systems at Rip Ride Rockit.
#5. Install new fall protection at 6 buildings in Diagon Alley.

Update for Project 263. Will also include renovations to building 65A. Anybody know which building this is?

Screenshot%202015-08-21%20at%2011.03.45%20PM_zpsroiybtii.png

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Again? I rather like the new discrete sign. It announces the ride but doesn't take away from the theming. The issue they should be addressing is the lockers randomly placed in front of the museum under those ugly canopies.

Reactions: Stitchie
Again? I rather like the new discrete sign. It announces the ride but doesn't take away from the theming. The issue they should be addressing is the lockers randomly placed in front of the museum under those ugly canopies.

Apparently it's a modification to the existing sign. As to how much that entails, who knows.

Guardian Creative Integration doesn't seem to have a website. Hmmm. They are basically an electrical contractor. This tells me it is a wire and cable replacement only.

Here's their website:
Welcome to Guardian Manufacturing - Innovation in Control System Design and Integration

They're a pretty big control system design/integration firm, so I'd hope it's a bit more than some electrical work. Either way though, it's nice to see this kind of preventative maintenance/system upgrade work going on at their older attractions, rather than just letting them age not-so-gracefully.

Last edited:
Here's their website:
Welcome to Guardian Manufacturing - Innovation in Control System Design and Integration

They're a pretty big control system design/integration firm, so I'd hope it's a bit more than some electrical work. Either way though, it's nice to see this kind of preventative maintenance/system upgrade work going on at their older attractions, rather than just letting them age not-so-gracefully.

You are so sharp CCC. Depending on the scope, it seems a wee bit dicey to be installing new boards for older software. Perhaps they will rewrite or sub the software too? Tall order and wildly expensive. Low millions at best.

You are so sharp CCC. Depending on the scope, it seems a wee bit dicey to be installing new boards for older software. Perhaps they will rewrite or sub the software too? Tall order and wildly expensive. Low millions at best.

One question could be raised if the ride will just go down for maybe a small refurbishment on recalibrating the ride-profile, cleaning up the projectors and maybe something else? Wishful thinking in my part though.