Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Misc Refurbs

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm...I wonder if the Simpsons work is to get a jump start on something that's been in the works for a while...

Does Florean's need more queue?
The stairs next to Gringots are also small but packs a lot of icecream eaters. Any room is better then nothing to eat my butterbeer icecream.

Considering it doesn't have any real extended queue, and needs one desperately, yea, it needs more queue

Uh, sorry but what does this mean? Has something Simpsons-related been teased/rumored/announced recently?

Maybe Star Tours style where the ride film is different each time? I know in Japan at their version of the ride (still BTTF) they change their ride film nightly for Halloween Horror Nights. I can see this becoming more flexable to film changes.

Maybe Star Tours style where the ride film is different each time? I know in Japan at their version of the ride (still BTTF) they change their ride film nightly for Halloween Horror Nights. I can see this becoming more flexable to film changes.
Hmm, that could be interesting. The previously mentioned Treehouse of Horror overlay idea for HHN would be pretty great.

Woah! Can you explain further about this? Is there video I can see somewhere of it? Are you saying they still use the same delorean cars but just use a different film?

Hmmm...I wonder if the Simpsons work is to get a jump start on something that's been in the works for a while...

Considering it doesn't have any real extended queue, and needs one desperately, yea, it needs more queue

Wasn't there permits of a major Projection upgrade? As if Simpsons is going down for a bit I could see this being not just to be used as to make the ride-system more flexable for possible overlays but a entire film clean-up to make it sharper, and clearer than it has ever been.

I imagine the ride system is out of date and/or not supported by the manufacturer anymore. Any additional changes are a plus.

Marty; I found the info on a site called Orlparkpass.com. I don't know if a video is available. The whole concept sounds interesting. That site also said that Japan does a slightly different show for T-2 for Halloween. That too sounds interesting. They also had a photo report of the Halloween Horror festivities and map of the shows and mazes they're using.

I found it on youtube. It was interesting. The Horror movie part was more like just watching a movie instead of having actual movement. But still cool, nonetheless.

Wow, the Simpsons NOC says the price of the work is over 2 million. Should be some big upgrades.

Interesting...I'm really hoping the refurb can mean a lot for Simpsons if this goes forward. Cleaning up the line, adding new things to look at in the pre-shows. a conversion of the Film to make it brighter and pop more. And of-course, the new ride-profile.

I still think Simpsons should be 3D as well, I mean, if you are going to look at a screen, it might as well be 3D.
I thought about that. I wonder how they'd tie it in? "Krusty glasses?" or something?

Also yes, making the ride system open to overlays would be great. This ride would work really well with Halloween/Christmas overlays.

Reactions: anihilnation