Universal Orlando Resort to Epic Universe Transportation News & Speculation | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort to Epic Universe Transportation News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’ve perused the thread a little and saw some monorail talk. Someone I know how’s well connected is saying it’s definitely gonna happen and I think it’s a good idea.

I mean Brightline is something that would be effective when it opens, arguably spending money on it is really worth it when you consider its either going to pass close to the site and not stop or stop at the convention centre which is a practical internal bus interchange for the parks.

A lot of guests are still going to come via car but ignoring public transport interconnectivity especially as in the future visitors could take that train from as far as Miami and Tampa, not just the airport

As for something like a monorail, consider they spent alot of money on Bus Lanes between the 2 resorts which would provide a more than satisfactory connection.
Even if they decided something more substantial was needed, it wouldn't be a Monorail, monorails are overly expensive and complex, with little if all gain, why do you think there's few outside of Disney
You would more likely see a elevated light rail system or even a tram using the bus lanes than anything like that.

Reactions: OrlLover
As for something like a monorail, consider they spent alot of money on Bus Lanes between the 2 resorts which would provide a more than satisfactory connection.
Even if they decided something more substantial was needed, it wouldn't be a Monorail, monorails are overly expensive and complex, with little if all gain, why do you think there's few outside of Disney

I dunno. I've talked to the people from Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook and by gum they sure love their monorails! The people of Springfield though didn't quite care for theirs.

So the new bus wraps could include:

Mario ... Frankenstein ... HTTYD dragons ... and a middle age Dumbledore

Shame there isn't a Fantastic Beasts ride where you're on the back of one. Then the last wrap could be, "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Ride Them."

• Haha
Reactions: Ahmanet
With funding and support from Universal Orlando, the new SunRail station will connect to the Orange County Convention Center, the Orlando International Airport, and International Drive - creating the Sunshine Corridor.

With funding and support from Universal Orlando, the new SunRail station will connect to the Orange County Convention Center, the Orlando International Airport, and International Drive - creating the Sunshine Corridor.

Universal acts more like a leader in the Orlando tourism space than Disney does.

I think this is as much about transporting TMs as guests. They will need more people from further away to staff all those positions.

Sun Rail wants to expand to Deland in the north and Poinciana in the south-- as it is people drive from those places to work in Orlando, but those without cars are stuck. This helps the labor market too. Now of course if Sun Rail could run more hours/days that would REALLY help.

I think this is as much about transporting TMs as guests. They will need more people from further away to staff all those positions.

Sun Rail wants to expand to Deland in the north and Poinciana in the south-- as it is people drive from those places to work in Orlando, but those without cars are stuck. This helps the labor market too. Now of course if Sun Rail could run more hours/days that would REALLY help.
That is the key, no commuting but was in Sanford for the day a couple of years ago and last train south was 5:30? That puts a crimp in your plans