Universal Parks Reviving Classic Monsters? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks Reviving Classic Monsters?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Mummy-Tom Cruise
The Invisible Man-Johnny Depp
Did Angelina Jolie finally sign on for the bride of frankenstein?

Universal Dates A Kurtzman-Morgan Monster Movie For Presidents’ Day Weekend 2019 | Deadline

With three films already planned and budgeted, I'm pretty sure this will be in the parks sooner or later.
Rumor has Disney's Chairman Bob Iger in contention for the blood sucking Count Dracula vampire role. And Chapek is looking at the hunchback Igor role. Overheard in a bar frequented by Disney CM's. :lol:

The Mummy-Tom Cruise
The Invisible Man-Johnny Depp
Did Angelina Jolie finally sign on for the bride of frankenstein?

Universal Dates A Kurtzman-Morgan Monster Movie For Presidents’ Day Weekend 2019 | Deadline

With three films already planned and budgeted, I'm pretty sure this will be in the parks sooner or later.

If it's done right, it could be great. There's a lot of money in a successful movie universe. I'd like to see Universal take a gamble since they don't have a lot of good franchises currently.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Studios keep making horror movies because they are not expensive to make, making them easier to be profitable. If Universal would use their monsters in lower budget movies they might have more success.

So far we have this (includes rumours and in talks)

Sofia Boutulla-The Mummy with Tom Cruise
Russell Crowe - Mr Hyde
Johnny Depp - The Invisible Man
Angelina Jolie - Bride of Frankenstein
The Rock - Wolfman
Jarvier Barden - Frankenstein
Scar Jo-Creature From the black Lagoon
Luke Evans-Dracula

Based on this cast...I'm more excited for this future ride than a potential avengers ride.

Russell Crowe - Mr Hyde
The Rock - Wolfman
Luke Evans-Dracula

Based on this cast...I'm more excited for this future ride than a potential avengers ride.

That's actually a very impressive line up. Would it be a single ride or a whole land?

Very interesting mix up. I just can't tear away from the classics being SO good. I hope this doesn't mean they totally remove the classics from the parks.

Russell Crowe - Mr Hyde
The Rock - Wolfman
Luke Evans-Dracula

You might want to scratch off Luke Evans from your list for now. All current signs seem to point to Dracula Untold being completely separate from the new Monster Cinematic Universe. There was talk at one point of possible incorporating it in somehow, however sense then they have changed tuned and said pretty bluntly that "The Mummy" would be the first film in the new Universe, which pretty much leave Luke Evans and Dracula Untold out in the cold.

Reactions: Mike S