Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The interactive walkthrough could probably take the place of AA. Maybe they could also do some sort of live show as well for the second attraction.

As for the main attraction, will be interesting to see how much they decide to expand beyond the current Simpsons footprint if they indeed do that.
I just want to see a firm promise that they are definetly doing something!

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
For me, a Pokemon land has to have:
1) an interactive walkthrough Pokemon Center faced by a ‘Nurse Joy’ and an animatronic Chansey, complete with a Pokemon ‘zoo’ of animatronics to show how they care for different Pokemon.
2) an immersive Pokemon battle ride/experience with lots of effects where you can see a classic Pokémon evolve to win a battle.
3) A milder, Pokémon Snap omnimover interactive type ride where you’ve ‘Gotta Catch ‘Em All!’, going through different areas to catch different types of Pokemon, eg Leaf, Water etc, each area with its own effects. And of course, the whole area themed like the towns from the Pokemon Map, Ash’s house etc.
They could do so much!
but everything with screens?

but everything with screens?
No, not the first, there needs to be something solely animatronics.
I think the 3rd could be a mixture but would need some sort of screen involvement to make it interactive. I was thinking of a sped up, not so smooth omni mover ride that gives you the feeling of a safari.
I think screens have their place, but no, I wouldn’t want to see them on every ride.

No, not the first, there needs to be something solely animatronics.
I think the 3rd could be a mixture but would need some sort of screen involvement to make it interactive. I was thinking of a sped up, not so smooth omni mover ride that gives you the feeling of a safari.
I think screens have their place, but no, I wouldn’t want to see them on every ride.
I think it would be easy for Universal to figure out how to do a SLOP style ride on a larger scale for Pokemon with animatronics and the same curved screen practical set integration see in the firework warehouse scene. and the aforementioned screen techniques would be used through the entire ride since there would be more space to work with than what USH had for SLOP.

I think it would be easy for Universal to figure out how to do a SLOP style ride on a larger scale for Pokemon with animatronics and the same curved screen practical set integration see in the firework warehouse scene. and the aforementioned screen techniques would be used through the entire ride since there would be more space to work with than what USH had for SLOP.
oh that could be so amazing

blue arrested development GIF

This is becoming a catch-all thread again. If it keeps circling back to this - we may have to lock it. Please keep this in mind when posting in the thread.
Just so we can keep things clear and there's no misunderstanding, are general park updates the things we want to avoid unless they're tied to some larger point one of us wants to make about the park?

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Sorry, the Pokemon discussion came from me answering directly what I thought of the park after a recent visit: it needs something, it feels a bit old news. It’s ok, even good, to have older attractions that you feel a nostalgic pull towards, but the whole park felt quite out of touch with 2024. It needs a new big pull to make it feel up to date, cared for. It feels a bit like ‘meh, this is the old park, we’ve got something shiny new coming elsewhere to show what we can do.’ I still love the park, but it’s missing something it once had, I didn’t feel the atmosphere it once had. It felt like a bit like a fashion trend you once loved, but it gets lost back in the back of the cupboard and when you pull it back out you think, ‘that just doesn’t look the same as it once did, even though it hasn’t actually changed!’

With the possibility that the Springfield replacement won't be happening until 2030, it looks increasingly unlikely that the park will see a new dark ride any time before then.

Which doesn't thrill me.

With the possibility that the Springfield replacement won't be happening until 2030, it looks increasingly unlikely that the park will see a new dark ride any time before then.

Which doesn't thrill me.
Priorties change. Depending on how well EU does reception and capacity wise in its maiden voyage, maybe Pokemon can be moved up to 2028.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Alicia's Timeline
2026: Rockit Replacement
2026-27: Luigi's Mansion
2027-28: Ghostbusters
2029-30: Pokemon

Will be interesting to see how Epic Universe's success impacts the timeline. While I'm more than positive that EU will have a positive impact throughout the resort, there's so many variables (Covid/Inflation) that can impact things.

It's known that people's vacations aren't getting longer, so an additional park in Orlando is going to drive massive competition between all Orlando parks. If USF sees any form of significant attendance decline, I'd imagine those projects will be fast tracked.

Alicia's Timeline
2026: Rockit Replacement
2026-27: Luigi's Mansion
2027-28: Ghostbusters
2029-30: Pokemon

Will be interesting to see how Epic Universe's success impacts the timeline. While I'm more than positive that EU will have a positive impact throughout the resort, there's so many variables (Covid/Inflation) that can impact things.

It's known that people's vacations aren't getting longer, so an additional park in Orlando is going to drive massive competition between all Orlando parks. If USF sees any form of significant attendance decline, I'd imagine those projects will be fast tracked.
That seems like a decent timeline for USF, and I’m sure there will be little projects here and there, too.

Reactions: OrlLover and Nico