Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Alicia's Timeline
2026: Rockit Replacement
2026-27: Luigi's Mansion
2027-28: Ghostbusters
2029-30: Pokemon

Will be interesting to see how Epic Universe's success impacts the timeline. While I'm more than positive that EU will have a positive impact throughout the resort, there's so many variables (Covid/Inflation) that can impact things.

It's known that people's vacations aren't getting longer, so an additional park in Orlando is going to drive massive competition between all Orlando parks. If USF sees any form of significant attendance decline, I'd imagine those projects will be fast tracked.
I wouldn’t exactly say that’s my timeline. I said maybe and could be a lot in the video lol. But this could be, yes. But also could not be.

I think that (hypothetical) timeline's grim for anyone hoping for a significant change to USF's attraction balance ever happening in even the medium-term future. Which, I guess, might be only me!

It just feels like it's been so long since the park got serious attention; it's been ten years since its last E-ticket opened, and while I'm certainly not advocating for a bunch of new E-tickets to get added between now and the end of the decade (if anything, I've been pounding the table for D/C-ticket dark rides, because I think that kind of experience would particularly benefit the park lineup), I do think that's noteworthy.

I think that (hypothetical) timeline's grim for anyone hoping for a significant change to USF's attraction balance ever happening in even the medium-term future. Which, I guess, might be only me!

It just feels like it's been so long since the park got serious attention; it's been ten years since its last E-ticket opened, and while I'm certainly not advocating for a bunch of new E-tickets to get added between now and the end of the decade (if anything, I've been pounding the table for D/C-ticket dark rides, because I think that kind of experience would particularly benefit the park lineup), I do think that's noteworthy.
We only know what we know today, but there is absolutely time to develop something for the fear factor theatre, as well as maybe a quick makeover of Fast and Furious to, something. I’m not saying I adore this timeline either but since Men In Black isn’t going anywhere, Fear Factor would be next plot I look at if I were them.

If they’re investing in shows again, who knows what they could or would want to put there.

It has been a lot of quick refreshes or replacements with the same general buildings and structures remaining in place for some time now. Less intensive additions or renovations like the new Parade, the added Sprung Tents, Fallon, E.T., Bourne, and Dreamworks are all very nice and help bring a D-Grade Park up to a High C/ Low B-Grade one, but none of them fix the major issues of over-reliance on screen-based tech and simulators.

Rip Ride -> F&F will be a definite improvement, but essentially a 1 for 1 replacement, not an addition. It could at the very least prime Supercharged for replacement sooner than later and give that plot a new life as something hopefully more practical and less screen-reliant. A Ghostbusters show could help depending on how they handle that, and Pokemon could be a big breakthrough in the overall feel of the entire park. Currently though, most of these are looking decently far away.

I hope to see some additions like more physical set and animatronic heavy rides replacing F&F, Transformers, and Minion Mayhem thrown out there soon. Fear Factor is also a massive hole, but one that should be filled with a new show given how few other spots there are to fit seasonal shows anywhere else. A Minions Dark Ride to replace DMMM should be obvious, and another based on any of the three Dreamworks Land IPs would be wonderful.

As much as I love the idea of Luigi and Zelda arriving in Orlando as soon as possible, I also hope they are able to refresh USF sufficiently as well. It's definitely the weakest of the three, and the park with the most opportunity to grow.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
A Minions Dark Ride to replace DMMM should be obvious, and another based on any of the three Dreamworks Land IPs would be wonderful.
I think if they wanted to build a Minions/Despicable Me dark ride, they would have taken the opportunity with the Shrek/Hitchcock plot.

It would be nice if a DreamWorks expansion with a dark ride is on the table and word just hasn't started leaking out yet, but I'm not hopeful.

I think if they wanted to build a Minions/Despicable Me dark ride, they would have taken the opportunity with the Shrek/Hitchcock plot.
I could really see it both ways. I hope Villain-Con was a way to make a more varied simulator attraction based on the property, so that eventually they can close Minion Mayhem and expand into a larger scope ride in that plot. Kind of like we're saying could happen with F&FSC. Currently, it's mostly just hopes though, and it'd be unfortunate if it weren't the case longterm. Two mediocre Minion simulators right next to one another is redundant. I believe they should close the one with an ancient ride system and turn it into a better ride.

Reactions: belloq87 and Jake S
I believe they should close the one with an ancient ride system and turn it into a better ride.
That ancient ride system is what Universal just built an entire land around in Beijing. And in (inferior) 2D at that.

As much as I agree with you, that ride will likely outlive us all. Minions appears to be all about the merch and marketing in universal’s eyes- not the ride or experience.

Although I will throw a prayer out there- if they were ever to consider a do-over in the front of the park, now is the time.
I’d love to see what type of blue sky ideas they could come up with that involved incorporating HRRR, DMM, Blue Man Theater and potentially even Music Plaza Stage.

It’s almost as if Universal has the chance to decide if they want to be a quasi locals park that needs to bring in concerts and music venues still into the parks (like disney used to prior to building it all off-site) or if they feel they can move on without it w/ Epic and the surrounding area.

Reactions: Mad Dog and GA-MBIT
I have an idea! They should retheme SpongeBob and Pizza company to an 80’s rewind theme. It would perfectly fit since ET is right next to it. This area is also considered part of the Hollywood area and it would be a perfect fit! Also, across the courtyard has the Delorean and Train. I think this would fit very well. IMG_4426.jpeg

Alicia's Timeline
2026: Rockit Replacement
2026-27: Luigi's Mansion
2027-28: Ghostbusters
2029-30: Pokemon

Will be interesting to see how Epic Universe's success impacts the timeline. While I'm more than positive that EU will have a positive impact throughout the resort, there's so many variables (Covid/Inflation) that can impact things.

It's known that people's vacations aren't getting longer, so an additional park in Orlando is going to drive massive competition between all Orlando parks. If USF sees any form of significant attendance decline, I'd imagine those projects will be fast tracked.
where is Luigis mansion going?

Universal Studios Florida is my favorite UOR park right now. It has the classic feel of attractions like MIB, E.T., and The Mummy.

Plus it’s the park that hosts fun events like Mardi Gras and Horror Nights.

However, I do wish there were more attractions to experience. The rumored Ghostbusters show going into the Blue Man Theater would help. Plus, putting some type of attraction in Fear Factor.

Wasn’t the last rumored replacement for Fear Factor supposed to be a Potter expansion? That would be awesome

Universal Studios Florida is my favorite UOR park right now. It has the classic feel of attractions like MIB, E.T., and The Mummy.

However, I do wish there were more attractions to experience. The rumored Ghostbusters show going into the Blue Man Theater would help. Plus, putting some type of attraction in Fear Factor.

Wasn’t the last rumored replacement for Fear Factor supposed to be a Potter expansion? That would be awesome
Yes. There was a Potter VR broom experience planned that IIRC first got moved to EU then axed altogether because there was either another Potter VR experience to alike to what Universal was planning or concerns that the tech and experience would not age well.

At this point I think when the time comes at some point in the 2030s the FFL stage and MIB should go for an entirely new land.

Reactions: RGMick77
Had the worst luck at USF yesterday - Mummy was down, Fallon backed up to ground floor, ET was down, Villain Con was down. I’d be pretty disappointed if this was my first USF day.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I'm not quite understanding how a Ghostbusters show would work in the Blue Man Group stage, even with heavy reworking of the existing theater space. I feel like you need verticality to sell Ghostbusters, and that building isn't especially tall... but I may be underestimating it.

With that said, clawing back that space for theme park use would be awesome.

In my ideal world, the BMG space would be used for some type of dark ride (maybe something Illumination since it's in the area).

I would love to see Ghostbusters return to the park in a major way like a show, but like you said, I believe it would need a large structure. And I'm not sure where that would fit.

Random question I just thought of. Does Fear Factor still impact total park capacity even though it isn't open to guests and isn't staffed?

It still boggles my mind the number of theaters that Universal has in general that all sit empty (or practically empty).

• Sad
Reactions: Mad Dog

Yeah, I completely agree. Recently I've been going to USF a lot more than IoA and I've grown a lot of appreciation/fondness for this park. I use to be one of those "USF is mid" people but I really love the park now lol. It's such a fun park and it's probably my favorite one to just chill/relax in. Definitely gets too much hate

I have an idea! They should retheme SpongeBob and Pizza company to an 80’s rewind theme. It would perfectly fit since ET is right next to it. This area is also considered part of the Hollywood area and it would be a perfect fit! Also, across the courtyard has the Delorean and Train. I think this would fit very well. View attachment 22058
images.jpg