Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Things have been in motion for years to ensure USF is well situated after Epic. I wouldn’t say they’re suddenly making plans, maybe folks are just now starting to see them put into action—but pretty sure they’ve been in development a while.
Based on what you've heard, should we be anticipating anything reasonably significant (other than the speculated HRRR replacement) before the end of the decade?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Based on what you've heard, should we be anticipating anything reasonably significant (other than the speculated HRRR replacement) before the end of the decade?
Pokemon. I’m hoping before, but most likely by, 2030.

And I assume when anyone’s talking about vague big plans for USF that that’s what they’re referring to. It could be a huge move, and that’s likely why they’re taking they’re time with it.

But again, everything I say is for entertainment purposes only, and I’m mostly speculating.

Well, I hope either Pokemon comes before 2030, or that there is also some C/D-ticket level stuff coming that we don't know about yet. Six more years would be a long time with only the HRRR replacement on the docket (especially considering the park hasn't gotten a ride* since 2018).

*I don't consider VillainCon a ride (or much of anything, frankly!).

WDWMagic user Henry Mystic is claiming Universal is taking a fix up approach with USF because they know attendance will take a dip due to EU but aren't worried about IOA.

He claims Zelda is now happening before Pokemon and Supercharged will close before Simpsons. If this is indeed true, maybe Zelda 2028 and Pokemon 2030?

I personally find this (if true) disappointing as you would think if USF's attendance is going to take the biggest hit due to EU, Pokemon would be fast tracked as the next major expansion to the existing parks over Zelda.

Reactions: biggerboat16
WDWMagic user Henry Mystic is claiming Universal is taking a fix up approach with USF because they know attendance will take a dip due to EU but aren't worried about IOA.

He claims Zelda is now happening before Pokemon and Supercharged will close before Simpsons. If this is indeed true, maybe Zelda 2028 and Pokemon 2030?

I personally find this (if true) disappointing as you would think if USF's attendance is going to take the biggest hit due to EU, Pokemon would be fast tracked as the next major expansion to the existing parks over Zelda.
I mean, Zelda was going to be 2027 but they never agreed on what to build.

I’d love to see Supercharged die. Turn it into picnic seating or something. But it makes sense to close before Simpsons if they open a new F&F drifting coaster replacing Rockit as the next project for Studios.

The dream...
2026: F&F Coaster, Supercharged Closes
2027: Supercharged Retheme
2028: Pokemon

Somewhere in between an aesthetic overhaul to the park.
My guess is if Epic's opening goes smoothly and depending on how big of a hit USF takes in attendance, Universal will have no choice but to fast track things for USF like moving Pokemon up to 2028. Fingers crossed.

The dream...
2026: F&F Coaster, Supercharged Closes
2027: Supercharged Retheme
2028: Pokemon

Somewhere in between an aesthetic overhaul to the park.
A Supercharge retheme could fix a lot of the park's issues. I don't see why they've put it on the backburner. It could be a fairly fast construction project if they use what's there.

I mean, Zelda was going to be 2027 but they never agreed on what to build.

I’d love to see Supercharged die. Turn it into picnic seating or something. But it makes sense to close before Simpsons if they open a new F&F drifting coaster replacing Rockit as the next project for Studios.
If they close supercharged they need to start construction to replace it. I am sick of stuff closing with no plans to replace. It may not be an issue during off season, but it is a huge issue during peak season to have lower c-ticket attractions and shows non-existent. At least make it seasonal.

I was on Supercharged today and it broke down before the show actually started. Honestly, I would rather see Springfield go first but Simpsons always pulls massive lines and does a great job at occupying a lot of people for such a mediocre attraction (it's one of four attractions I haven't bothered to re-ride since I had my pass back in 2022.) Supercharged has a fun atmosphere but if the coaster goes up quick in 2026 and this goes down, I'm not sure what would replace it. I doubt Harry Potter would expand in this direction when it would have the Fear Factor stage to take over, but obviously Mummy wouldn't take it over. Very weird spot to put anything in; at least Pokemon has a large land to occupy.

I was on Supercharged today and it broke down before the show actually started. Honestly, I would rather see Springfield go first but Simpsons always pulls massive lines and does a great job at occupying a lot of people for such a mediocre attraction (it's one of four attractions I haven't bothered to re-ride since I had my pass back in 2022.) Supercharged has a fun atmosphere but if the coaster goes up quick in 2026 and this goes down, I'm not sure what would replace it. I doubt Harry Potter would expand in this direction when it would have the Fear Factor stage to take over, but obviously Mummy wouldn't take it over. Very weird spot to put anything in; at least Pokemon has a large land to occupy.
Supercharged is a massive space so they could do a lot of things there lol

Maybe since it’s in San Francisco they could put some sort of ride about Earthquakes in it. And if there’s room, a show featuring Beetlejuice.
A ride about earthquakes?

Come on, no park would ever do that.

Imagine if they had an earthquake themed quick service location too LOLLLL

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Not sure if this is the right page for it, but a key update on operational changes for anyone planning a trip soon:
  • If you're rope-dropping, Escape From Gringotts is currently running only one load station in the morning. (At least for the first hour or so of park ops). So while wait-times are low, it's not operating at peak capacity so queues do build up fairly quickly.
  • Even with USF operating to 9PM consistently over the summer, most quick service locations are not operating late (and hours are inaccurate on the site).
  • E.T. Adventure is operating only one load station 60-90 minutes prior to park close, so if your planning on riding it before Cinesational, be cautious.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right page for it, but a key update on operational changes for anyone planning a trip soon:
  • If you're rope-dropping, Escape From Gringotts is currently running only one load station in the morning. (At least for the first hour or so of park ops). So while wait-times are low, it's not operating at peak capacity so queues do build up fairly quickly.
  • Even with USF operating to 9PM consistently over the summer, most quick service locations are not operating late (and hours are inaccurate on the site).
  • E.T. Adventure is operating only one load station 60-90 minutes prior to park close, so if your planning on riding it before Cinesational, be cautious.
I don't get this. We are peak summer time, everything should be running from park open to park close at full capacity especially a main headliner like Gringotts. These are the decisions that I will never understand about universal, they seem to love to have long lines. I wonder how much that hurts them, I mean I know some who won't go because they say how long the lines are. I would only get an AP if I could afford the top level with express. I hate lines.

For what it’s worth, I know this sort of thing was common practice at Disneyland in the past. Rides open with the park, but not necessarily at full capacity — and certainly not fully staffed (which slows down queues).

Something, something marginal gains.

I don't get this. We are peak summer time, everything should be running from park open to park close at full capacity especially a main headliner like Gringotts. These are the decisions that I will never understand about universal, they seem to love to have long lines. I wonder how much that hurts them, I mean I know some who won't go because they say how long the lines are. I would only get an AP if I could afford the top level with express. I hate lines.
Gotta sell those Express passes. Universal showed in late 2021, all of 2022, and the first couple months of 2023, when the parks were super packed and the lines very long most every single day all the time, that they didn't care about customer satisfaction when it came to long lines. They did absolutely nothing to ease the capacity and operational issues, and actually 'temporarily' closed some stuff down. I always wonder how many future customers they lost that weren't very happy with those very long lines, and weren't going to come back for future vacations....They don't have the brand strength that Disney has, that lets Disney get away with that stuff, for a good while.

When lines are long, most guests don't consider ops and capacity to be the reason. They just think it's "popular." Like how Peter Pan's Flight must be the most popular ride across all theme parks.