Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If only universal Orlando had the level of entertainment planning as USJ. I bet the latter would have the theaters filled with seasonal entertainment.
All of the international parks typically have really great indoor theaters. I realize a lot of that is weather related since every Disney or UNI international park gets snow- but I’m always so jealous.
MK losing the Main Street theater expansion was such a blow because that park desperately needs something like that even more than a universal park (and their IP is unmatched for emotional shows).

I realize we’re veering off topic a bit with the show talk- but Epic really does seem to have Universal stepping up and surpassing anything we’ve had anywhere domestically. I mean, it’s getting not one, but two large scale indoor shows with large theaters. And not a “stunt show” (which are ok, but offer minimal storytelling).
And we almost got THREE with monsters.

If both IOA and USF can offer an indoor show of high quality- just the shows alone and the nighttime spectacular will add a full day to people’s vacations. That would be huge for them.
Loved the blue sky @UniversalRBLX for a Hollywood theater.

Again- with Epic seemingly jumping feet first into a show + the addition of Bourne, I could legitimately see USF developing a large scale show in a theatre somewhere that offers storytelling. Whether that is blue man/ghostbusters (which I’m not sold on being the right decision) or a plan for MIB/Springfield/Animal Actors to incorporate an indoor theater.

But either would go a long way in fleshing out the park and offering more diverse attractions.

All of the international parks typically have really great indoor theaters. I realize a lot of that is weather related since every Disney or UNI international park gets snow- but I’m always so jealous.
MK losing the Main Street theater expansion was such a blow because that park desperately needs something like that even more than a universal park (and their IP is unmatched for emotional shows).

I realize we’re veering off topic a bit with the show talk- but Epic really does seem to have Universal stepping up and surpassing anything we’ve had anywhere domestically. I mean, it’s getting not one, but two large scale indoor shows with large theaters. And not a “stunt show” (which are ok, but offer minimal storytelling).
And we almost got THREE with monsters.

If both IOA and USF can offer an indoor show of high quality- just the shows alone and the nighttime spectacular will add a full day to people’s vacations. That would be huge for them.
Loved the blue sky @UniversalRBLX for a Hollywood theater.

Again- with Epic seemingly jumping feet first into a show + the addition of Bourne, I could legitimately see USF developing a large scale show in a theatre somewhere that offers storytelling. Whether that is blue man/ghostbusters (which I’m not sold on being the right decision) or a plan for MIB/Springfield/Animal Actors to incorporate an indoor theater.

But either would go a long way in fleshing out the park and offering more diverse attractions.
While not included in any rumors to whether it will go for Pokemon or DW land expansion, maybe AA can be used for a Pokemon stage show.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Somewhat unideal notification system here for making a counterpoint you can't really message on what is deleted.

On this day 34 years ago, USF had it's grand opening! :love::party::cheers:

View attachment 22106
I realize this is a function of age, but 34 years doesn't sound that long ago. Not when MK and SW date to the early 70s, EPCOT to 1982, And then the whole place (some shopping and dining excluded) has basically been replaced since, like the ship of Theseus. It's remarkably, really.

I realize this is a function of age, but 34 years doesn't sound that long ago. Not when MK and SW date to the early 70s, EPCOT to 1982, And then the whole place (some shopping and dining excluded) has basically been replaced since, like the ship of Theseus. It's remarkably, really.
It always surprises me how (relatively) new the Universal resort is in Florida.

Did the rumor of Wild West Stunt Show re-opening in FFL have any legs? Pretty sure it was a few years back. Would be a great show for the spot. The set is pretty much still there

CineSational looks to be a major win for the resort and especially USF as a park, true E-ticket nighttime show to end the day. Great vibe honoring both classic and contemporary properties, that’s what this park should be all about.
It's effectively USF's Fantasmic. It's absolutely a headliner E-Ticket attraction in it's own right and should help give USF an extra edge when it comes to which parks to prioritize visiting in Orlando.

(To be honest, I still think Fantasmic is overall a better and more impressive show, but for the scope and resources afforded to the current USF park, it's an absolutely incredible nighttime show and one of the absolute best across all of the current Central Florida parks.)

Between Imagination Celebration and Cinesational (still gotta watch Hogwarts but I've heard good things), Universal has shown once again that when it comes to entertainment, they can REALLY bring it all the way home with an amazing experience.

Just wish they weren't making some entertainment offerings seasonal (primarily the Ragtime Gals, although for that I do somewhat understand).

Once again Henry Mystic on WDWMagic has commented about Universal.

According to him attendance hasn’t been looking too good lately but is helped by special events like HHN.

There are plans in place to address its shortfalls in the future.

So anybody doubting that this park is getting ignored or not properly invested into might have their concerns put to rest soon.

According to him attendance hasn’t been looking too good lately but is helped by special events like HHN.

So anybody doubting that this park is getting ignored or not properly invested into might have their concerns put to rest soon.
Hopefully they fast track Pokemon for a 2028 opening if EU really sucks all the air out of USF.

Just out of curiosity - what’s Henry’s track record? Never heard of them before.

Sounds like what Alicia has been saying for 1.5+ years now? lol

I don't think anyone is doubting major investment once again at USF... question is how soon and if the resort will wait on Epic to finalize plans.

Reactions: OrlLover
I was looking the other day at the opening adverts and I have to be honest, I think USF has gone backwards, not forwards. I understand that rides needed to close due to age, but at the time they were brilliant, cohesive and relevant to both the time and the park. USF could be amazing again. Going forward I’d like to see half of it dedicated to the nostalgia of movies and the other half modern. I think everyone agrees it needs investment.

Reactions: belloq87
Just out of curiosity - what’s Henry’s track record? Never heard of them before.
Honestly I have no clue who they are but I happened to be reading the USH thread they have and saw his posts.

He comes across as a well informed insider that knows what’s happening on both coasts.