Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

Well, this doesn’t bode well for my November reservations. :'(
A lot can happen between now and then with getting vaccines out to the population. Japan is a very efficient country and I can see them rolling it out to the population quickly with great availability. Now the U.S. has secured all the vaccine needed for our population the pharma companies can get more out to other countries.

Thanks for the positivity. We’ll see what happens. I was really hoping tourism would return by November; which might still be possible. On top of TDLR and Uni, I’m dying to see their fall foliage.

Thanks for the positivity. We’ll see what happens. I was really hoping tourism would return by November; which might still be possible. On top of TDLR and Uni, I’m dying to see their fall foliage.
I suppose I'll wait till summer 2023. Might as well wait a year for those Fantasy Springs rides.

I suppose I'll wait till summer 2023. Might as well wait a year for those Fantasy Springs rides.

If you aren't able to travel there often, I agree with this 100%. I'm hoping to do 2022 and 2023 myself, but if I wasn't able to, waiting is definitely the way to go.

The United States State Department has issued a high level warning for US tourists 'not' to visit Japan due to the spread of covid there, and their lack of a viable vaccination campaign to combat covid. .......Oh my. How things have changed....

It’s looking pretty unlikely that my November trip is going to happen. I’ll probably rebook for November 2022 assuming USJ still has Jaws by then.

As someone who never went on the ride and doesn't care too much for the films; I'm all for it closing so that Pokemon can get it's own land.

As someone who never went on the ride and doesn't care too much for the films; I'm all for it closing so that Pokemon can get it's own land.

3eql.gif

Poor Japan, I hear the Olympics are just wanting the show to go on no matter what and could fine the country if the event doesn't happen

As for people booing about Pokemon Replacing a ride...Spiderman I get why people could be upset but not sure if that's what people are talking about since they said based off one of the greatest films ever

The rumors indicate Spider-Man’s getting replaced by Pokemon and Jaws is getting replaced by Hagrid’s. Nothing solid, though.

As for greatest films of all time, you can’t tell me any iteration of Spidey gets included in that pantheon. Jaws gets mentioned on every greatest films of all time list alongside Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Gone With The Wind...I admit it’s all personal preferences, but Jaws has always been and will always be considered a cinematic classic.

The rumors indicate Spider-Man’s getting replaced by Pokemon and Jaws is getting replaced by Hagrid’s. Nothing solid, though.

As for greatest films of all time, you can’t tell me any iteration of Spidey gets included in that pantheon. Jaws gets mentioned on every greatest films of all time list alongside Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Gone With The Wind...I admit it’s all personal preferences, but Jaws has always been and will always be considered a cinematic classic.
Agreed

I think Spider Verse is close but has NOTHING to do with the ride.

I think people really need to look up how BIG Pokemon is....its just giant for one IP. Would I rather them not take away rides 100% I hate them doing it in Hollywood as much as they do but Pokemon is not only a safe choice but will make them even more then Spiderman.