Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 13, 2009
So weather you're a Universal Orlando geek, a Harry Potter fan boy or just a Theme park enthusiast I think we all can some what agree that the entry way into Universal Studis is anything but grand.

Sure, we have a very nice, freshly painted Studio arch out front, but what about the park entrance its self? First thing you see are some faded, one demensional flat New York facades waaaaaay ahead with a fire-engine red coaster track jutting out in front. Where's the initial atmosphere?

With the new Wizarding World expansion coming in about a year, don't you think it's time Universal tidied up a little? Island's of Adventure's entry way is looking good, always has because it is well themed and well executed. Studios needs something to draw your attention forward into the park and something that says "Welcome to the movies." 2014 will be a huge turning point for this theme park and they need to embrace it with some large or small changes to this less than memorable (guests first impression) entry way.

Your thoughts below!

Last edited:
The Studios entry way is perfect except for the Rockit track at the end. It feels like studios. You look down and see soundstages on both sides and then the New York facades and new York library at the very end.

I think the arches are awesome as is the globe..once you get into the park however it feels a bit lack-luster..I would like a more classic Hollywood look for the entrance with buildings that share a common theme, right now it looks ok, but we need an entrance that is on par with IOA..A big peeve of mine is to be able to see too far into a park at the entrance and I can see all the way to the back in the studios..

A fountain would be cool too

If any of you have seen Universal Studios in Hollywood you'd agree that Floridas is severely lacking in comparison. It just isn't all that grand. It could use a major redo.

Agreed. I have said it before but I think they should studios out the whole entrance area, then the rest of the park is different parts of the "backlot". I mean that is the concept they built, but over the years bit by bit they have been downplaying the studios. Isn't it a studios park?

The fake building is NY just need to be repainted, and while they are at it they can paint the rest of The Mummy show building as NY skyline. :thumbs:

IDK what the deal is with HRRR, but that helps kill the feel right there. It would also be great if they could swap out Blue Man Group for a new Studio type attraction and bring it back into the park.

Last edited:
I sure hope they spruce it up. At the very least, they could fix up that whole first section once you pass the turnstiles. The area looks very lack-luster, even the pavement is not looking so great there. They should also make the buildings up-front (camera store and the main USF store) grander. Just make this part have a bigger impact. Then they can definitely improve the NY facades all the way in the back. As I've mentioned, I'd love a theater in that area of Twister and the NY Library, re-theming it to NY's Broadway. Macy's and the fake subway station are nice, but the rest in that dead-end could be re-imagined to still be NY, but much nicer, with post-Potter quality of work :thumbs:

I think flash mob style productions shows could go a long way at Universal Studios. I think DHS, pre-hat, had a grand entrance that really displayed that this was a production park.

The front viewpresently looks into production studios which is the most lackluster looking area of the park. If the front entrance was slightly moved, with the initial look down the main Hollywood street, that would be a good opening view of the park. That area is quite attractive.

The front viewpresently looks into production studios which is the most lackluster looking area of the park. If the front entrance was slightly moved, with the initial look down the main Hollywood street, that would be a good opening view of the park. That area is quite attractive.

Dang, I just do not see it working like that. It would be a huge project, that wouldn't drive in huge crowds. But you guys want to downplay the Studios area even more?

I sure hope they spruce it up. At the very least, they could fix up that whole first section once you pass the turnstiles. The area looks very lack-luster, even the pavement is not looking so great there. They should also make the buildings up-front (camera store and the main USF store) grander. Just make this part have a bigger impact. Then they can definitely improve the NY facades all the way in the back. As I've mentioned, I'd love a theater in that area of Twister and the NY Library, re-theming it to NY's Broadway. Macy's and the fake subway station are nice, but the rest in that dead-end could be re-imagined to still be NY, but much nicer, with post-Potter quality of work :thumbs:

This makes seance to me though. Twister is in NY, but it starts as a Studio building. They could retheame the exterior to Broadway, and that would build some wow factor looking down the main drag.

I've always thought that they should knock down the Lucy tribute/Betty Boop shop as well as the cafe/shop directly to the right of the entrance and turn the entrance gates more that way and place a large fountain in that area...maybe even like the one in Hollywood...then relocate the Lucy tribute to a new area...perhaps build a Universal tribute back in New York where the facades are? Idk...just brainstorming. There's so much I'd like to do to really open up the entrance and make it more elegant.

I don't know if I would want to enter the park walking down the Hollywood street. Production Central is a nice way to enter the park. It's Universal Studios, so the backlot feel makes sense. That being said, the New York facade was ruined as soon as Rockit was constructed in front of it, so for me, that can go. I do think it needs a bit more elegance. The fountain like in USH would be nice, as would some flower boxes and such.

If anyone goes to USF really soon, take some pictures of the area to the right when you go through the USF arch. I know when you pass through the gate, there is a path next to the photo store that leads you to a bathroom and an entry to Hollywood. (If you want to be the first one in Springfield on opening day, there you go.)

I wonder if they still use the second level of the pink buildings for events anymore? I should ask the same for the Navigator's club in IOA.

Also in the right side area of the entrance is the old VIP drop off and a gate. Would appreciate pictures! :thumbs:

If anyone goes to USF really soon, take some pictures of the area to the right when you go through the USF arch. I know when you pass through the gate, there is a path next to the photo store that leads you to a bathroom and an entry to Hollywood. (If you want to be the first one in Springfield on opening day, there you go.)

I wonder if they still use the second level of the pink buildings for events anymore? I should ask the same for the Navigator's club in IOA.

Also in the right side area of the entrance is the old VIP drop off and a gate. Would appreciate pictures! :thumbs:

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats where the VIP guided groups are held before they set off into the park.