Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Park Entrance Reimagining

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah something seriously needs to be done....like mentioned, the Hollywood section is one of the better themed areas and if some work was put into refurbishing some of it, it could be a great entry strip to go down.

What is this building again?
universal.jpg

In a dream world, it would be nice if they could remove this building, and almost turn the entryway to go down into hollywood. So make DM and Shrek not directly accessible right when you walk in. I feel like this would give the entry way some more character and make it more memorable. Right now, it just isn't working. Its always so crowded, odd theming, and just doesn't represent the image/perception these parks have today.

I'd love to hear what some other people envision! I like the hypothetical/imaginative talk.
Yes, with that photo shot you've basically nailed what I've been visualizing. That building has the Boulangerie (not sure of the spelling) quick service restaurant and next to it is restrooms. That wouldn't involve too much to clear it out and put a plaza there that leads into a spruced up Hollywood area. And once Nintendo opens, that side of the park will be more vibrant.

This may be a bit hard to understand because I don't have the time atm to make a proper image stitch, but this is my idea of the best rethemed Universal Studios entrance that would also bring the two U.S. parks closer (in a good way). It requires demolition of Shrek, Hello Kitty / Betty Boop, and that front building with the bakery.
jf4nzup.jpg

Legend:
Maroon = Front Lot / Studio Offices
Teal = facades like that of Universal Hollywood's entrance
White = Universal Plaza from USH in center surrounded facades
Yellow = USH Despicable Me facades
Pink = Super Silly Fun Land (new kiddie area after NintendoLand comes)
Black = New Transformers Meet and Greet
Red = New Hello Kitty Store
Olive = Hollywood
Grey = Universal Store like that of MK Emporium

Edit: Blue = extension of Transformers military compound

Last edited:
So I'm trying to upload pics to illustrate the above, but it says they are over 10000 characters. What?

What format are the pictures? .jpg, .png... ? Where are the pictures uploaded online? I don't believe you can upload pictures directly from your computer or phone memory/harddrive to this site.

What format are the pictures? .jpg, .png... ? Where are the pictures uploaded online? I don't believe you can upload pictures directly from your computer or phone memory/harddrive to this site.
I normally can do it through imgur, which is what I was attempting to do.

The reason I asked the silly questions is that your images seemed to be read as text files. Does imgur allow for reposting on other websites? You might want to go back to the upload page and read the specific requirements and services. Perhaps they only accept small files as they are intended as viral only.

Anyone else here know the purpose of that site?

Just use another service such as postimage.org ....they are all the same thing essentially
I'm probably going join a photo sharing site soon, so I'll just use that for now on. I used imgur because it was the first thing that came up in my initial search.

Last edited:
I've been working on this, as its my more..personal thoughts on what they "could" do, if freedom was there.

9D2lcUw.png

So..without going into specifics, It has two new areas. One being a entirely new area, with architechure VERY similar to BVS, and a new Cinema area in the Shrek/DMMM area. That said, if that wants to be in greater detail..it'd be best if you PM. that way, I don't go over a page.

Granted, its probably never going to happen, but I can see this working for them.

Last edited:
My person feelings as far as Production Central is concerned is - and I know Uni is lanlocked - tear down the Shrek building, maybe put a small attraction on the far end (m&g, walkthrough, etc) and use the space closer to DM to create a more welcoming area with place-making and a focus on connecting areas thematically.

Right now that entrance strip feels really congested. Something like that would really help fix that problem.

And to be honest, that main corridor is going to become even more congested once Jimmy opens. It just doesn't help that Hollywood section isn't a main draw, that people would go right once inside the park. I feel like everyone just makes their way down Production Central and then around the park.

And to be honest, that main corridor is going to become even more congested once Jimmy opens. It just doesn't help that Hollywood section isn't a main draw, that people would go right once inside the park. I feel like everyone just makes their way down Production Central and then around the park.
Nintendo should help with that once it opens.

Reactions: blue180 and Mad Dog
Exactly. :thumbsup:
If there's a plan for USF's entrance I don't think it'll happen for a while. It holds one of the most popular attractions in the park. It really would make sense if Toon Lagoon pretty much became "Illuminationland" (keeping the TL name though) to further help with a new USF entrance. SLoP, Sing, DM, etc. It would be IoA's equivalent to Nintendoland along with Seuss. That's just a pipe dream though but then again we never thought King Kong would return. And DM would get a bigger attraction.

I've been working on this, as its my more..personal thoughts on what they "could" do, if freedom was there.

So..without going into specifics, It has two new areas. One being a entirely new area, with architechure VERY similar to BVS, and a new Cinema area in the Shrek/DMMM area. That said, if that wants to be in greater detail..it'd be best if you PM. that way, I don't go over a page.

Granted, its probably never going to happen, but I can see this working for them.

This is a great idea!! I love the 'bridge reveal' aspect