Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pyro made A massive difference. Now we need lasers. And sharks with lasers.

I’ll be there 2nd week of August, so I should hopefully see it with all the effects going.

You’re taking these criticisms very personally. Were you involved with this show? We don’t need a name, but it should be noted if you have a vested interest in making sure this show is perceived in a positive light.

I think he said his kid was, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Joel
I think he said his kid was, if I remember correctly.
Referring to Aiello, his wife Summer (Does Acting for UOR, most notable with Horror Makeup), his daughter, and his son we're at the first preview night, and that can be amended by Michael and Summers Twitter accounts.

God I can't wait for what they do with Lasers during the TF scene, as that could elevate that scene to next level.

Quick notes after tonight:

• The pyro adds a lot. Lasers are coming, but are not imminent.
  • The rain sucks... lol. It seemed it (along with some pretty good wind) did have some effect on how the projections displayed - as they weren't as sharp.
  • The front row seems like a weak area to view the show. The rocks look like they get in the way. I'm gonna watch the show from that level tomorrow for a more finite opinion.
  • I think it would help if they dimmed the walkway lights around the viewing area by 30-50%.

God I can't wait for what they do with Lasers during the TF scene, as that could elevate that scene to next level.

Ironically the Transformers segment is one that works. I really want to see how the pyro affects HP, JW and Illumination (sans finale) as those are arguably the weakest segments.

Anybody have a full video from last night yet?

Ironically the Transformers segment is one that works. I really want to see how the pyro affects HP, JW and Illumination (sans finale) as those are arguably the weakest segments.

Anybody have a full video from last night yet?

Jurassic World had some pyro during the eruption scene.

HP has pyro during the Incendio scene, and during the "Houses finale".

Minions had some light fireworks, but had a good set when Gru welcomes the "Big Finale".

It's funny to read everyone's criticisms of the show. They're very similar to World of Color when it first debuted. In a clip show like this, you're forced to use your own emotional connection to the films being used. And as hard as it is to believe, there are fanatical Disney theme park fans out there who have never seen Lion King or Bambi so flashes of those scenes were falling flat, then others said including them made for a strange tonal shift.

WOC seems much more warmly received now than it was then so when it's all said and done, maybe this will too. I haven't seen it yet but I actually loved Cinematic Spectacular and did think it packed an emotional punch but that has to do more with my connection to the films presented. They used music from Casper which is one of my favorite film scores, Morgan Freeman saying something about imagination and dreams being Universal, the Universal intro... I was MISTY. Not sure if this one has anything similar to that.

Reactions: belloq87
I was gonna say, and that's why JAWS and BttF are absent from the show... but Bruce is hanging up by the water and you can meet Doc and his time machine across the lagoon... so they could use that as excuses to include them. Not that I think the show really needs the classic properties, but I can see an argument being made based on the logic that these properties are part of the guest experience in the park.

This ^ , if you can excuse them putting in HTTYD and SLOP etc, because they are one day coming to the park, Then you can excuse them putting in BTTF and jaws in because they still have experiences in the park and once had rides.