Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Cinematic Celebration Night Show

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not a huge fan of RoE. I can't see the globe too well, the music is syrupy, and the tech is ancient. But throw enough pyro in the air and everyone will say WOW.

I love ROE. The beginning and opening 3rds are legitimately great. The music is fantastic. But the entire middle portion is a whole lot of nothing.

Yes, maybe this show doesn't "tug on heartstrings" like some want, but it's pure spectacle, and that's always what Universal has excelled at in attractions, and I think it excels with it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Disneyhead
I really like the show, but definitely feels like it could use some tightening up. The Jurassic Parld section needs cut in half. The second section is unnecessary and causes the show to drag right off the bat. Replace the removed section with Shrek. Add single shots of Kong, Fallon, and CitH and Thing One and Thing Two to the end montage.
Personally, I wouldn't add Kong to this...Save him for the IOA version of this show

While I understand the want for having Jaws and BTTF featured in the show, I think it was for the better. They can't rely too much on what was in the past, which is what a lot of people like to hold on to in regards to UOR.

That said, it is a show that can be changed. As seen with WoC, it can be changed up and edited to have new featured bits.

Also, guys. This is a night show. I'm going to have to echo Skip here... It's all about spectacle. Guys need to loosen up a bit. If you don't like it, you don't like it - but the whole "Story this... Where's the art..." is a terrible angle to hate it.

Nope, but I'm willing to bet the people calling for the firing of people over it haven't either.

But I've seen enough of these shows to know it's 100% not a bad show in the slightest from videos. Hard to judge how good it is from a video, but bad? Get out of here.

That’s the thing. Even a mediocre show can be great to watch live. I get a huge kick out of watching things in a crowd and videos in no way represent the experience of fireworks or fountains.

I’ve still not seen beyond the first minute. The only bad thing I could say is that I’m a little disappointed that there’s no BTTF or Jaws but I’m not surprised. Universal aren’t exactly sentimental.

I’m still looking forward to going into this mostly blind. I’m hoping that Universal will have this on during HHN. If not I may take a trip at night during the Disney portion of my trip.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
While I understand the want for having Jaws and BTTF featured in the show, I think it was for the better. They can't rely too much on what was in the past, which is what a lot of people like to hold on to in regards to UOR.

That said, it is a show that can be changed. As seen with WoC, it can be changed up and edited to have new featured bits.

Also, guys. This is a night show. I'm going to have to echo Skip here... It's all about spectacle. Guys need to loosen up a bit. If you don't like it, you don't like it - but the whole "Story this... Where's the art..." is a terrible angle to hate it.

'Loosening up" is something that maybe both "lovers" and "haters" of this show could do. :cheers:

You bring up an excellent point about the ability to change this show up with relative ease. Scenes, music and editing....all easy changes that might impact this show very positively.

Also....I can't help but think that space limitations put a damper on a spectacle like this. It would be better on a larger body of water where viewers are further away. I think that water screen scenes would look better from afar and the scope of the entire show could be more impactful visually.

I don’t know how many of you have seen the World of Color tech when they use it for New Years Eve, but I absolutely love what they do. There is so much potential for the tech, and now UOR has something so similar that they can do great stuff with.

That's a contradiction, considering Jurassic and Potter both being represented (you could pull the Diagon loophole, but that doesn't excuse Jurassic. :toast:)
Jurassic is kind of ubiquitous around the resort...It's one of the big three for them (JP, Potter, and Minions)...Kong is more of an IOA thing for me personally, but I wouldn't cry if he appeared

I think the F&F scene will be the first to go/get changed IMO

This is the great thing about it, it can be changed and updated depending on what new properties come out

I think IOA's lagoon show will be a different kind of show. Maybe a Water Pageant type thing.
I wouldn't mind that

And that’s a shame, really. Especially with a show like this but I understand why they don’t want to.
Don't you think it's time for some new classics?

This show should have been Bill & Ted's Excellent Universal Studios Adventure...

Kidding aside, I hope they can finally do a Holiday show. Maybe Mardi Gras gets a 2-minute tag at the end of the standard show.

Considering all they've done to upgrade their holiday offerings, I'll be amazed if there isn't a Holiday offering by next year at the latest.

I could also see everyone's Jaws/Monsters/Kong longing fulfilled in a HHN show...though I don't think there's any chance of that this year.

Universal DOES NOT want to put any focus on Yester Studios attractions. Period.

I understand what you are saying but...."yesterland" is the basis for tugging at heart strings, getting people to open their wallets and quite frankly becoming the basis for may reboots and renewal of "yesterland" franchises. I get that some of you want new, new, new....and that 30 minutes ago is "old news"....but these very expensive rides, shows & attractions need some staying power. In today's throw away society....Universal can't afford to make bad decisions with Disney going gangbusters to squash them. I went to Disney for a week in March....and for the first time in about 5 years I did not visit Universal. My next trip will include Universal, but honestly other than Potter and Volcano Bay....I'm sorta "meh". On the other hand, Disney is working and spending their asses off to keep me excited, on property and having my wallet ready to open.:_:

The last two shows were celebrations of Universal Pictures 100 years of filmmaking. Jaws, BttF and other classics had huge presences. I’m glad to see something that’s more theme park focused this time around. Nothing wrong with mixing it up.

I’m ok with them going in this direction but it does make the name of the show a little odd. It seems like a celebration of the parks not the cinema like it suggests. However that’s just nitpicking and I’m glad to see Universal finally delivering a good night time show and hopefully this gives us a taste for the new park show which shouldn’t have the limitations that this one has. It’s also got to be a good boost for morale at creative.