Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

That's not a chiller plant.

20211023-151805.jpg

I'm really excited for this. It's the first time I will be able to see a theme park build from the Netherlands while people hang out of helicopters and use drones to report on it. And a forum with people who will notice every concrete slab, bolt and metal pole that is added.
Of course we will get the "this wall would be the death of the park" and "that color looks like orange bird. I hate this park" but in the end we will have a brand new theme park to visit.

I only hope that the one thing worst than the pandemic, stupid people, will not ruin the progress again.

I get to follow it from my bedroom window!

To be clear, the one vertical building at backstage EU is absolutely, 100%, the cooling (chilled water) plant.

The cooling plant is the only thing that's the right size to be that structure and has issued building permits, and it's in the right location. Looking at the below image from bioreconstruct, the building on the left will house the chillers and pumps while the metal structure on the right will support the cooling towers.

To be clear, the one vertical building at backstage EU is absolutely, 100%, the cooling (chilled water) plant.

The cooling plant is the only thing that's the right size to be that structure and has issued building permits, and it's in the right location. Looking at the below image from bioreconstruct, the building on the left will house the chillers and pumps while the metal structure on the right will support the cooling towers.

Yea I was looking at some maps and permit images earlier and you’re right, that’s the chiller location. Good call.

EDIT: Here's one from awhile back that designates that area just left of that pond as "Chiller Plant."

Parcels02proposed-chillerplant.jpg

Last edited:
Yea I was looking at some maps and permit images earlier and you’re right, that’s the chiller location. Good call.

EDIT: Here's one from awhile back that designates that area just left of that pond as "Chiller Plant."

View attachment 15533
As another data point, the recently constructed OUC cooling plant for the new MCO south terminal has a somewhat similar "metal structure beside building" setup:

mYHUQZkl.png

ZaunFvCl.png

(Images from Google Earth)

On a different topic, now that some digging has started in the hub area does anyone have a good way of referring the different areas of the hub? I've been struggling with how I would try to simply but accurately describe where the work is happening.

As another data point, the recently constructed OUC cooling plant for the new MCO south terminal has a somewhat similar "metal structure beside building" setup:

mYHUQZkl.png

ZaunFvCl.png

On a different topic, now that some digging has started in the hub area does anyone have a good way of referring the different areas of the hub? I've been struggling with how I would try to simply but accurately describe where the work is happening.

eu gif.gif

It's not perfect but gives a rough idea.

mYHUQZkl.png

ZaunFvCl.png

Outer north ring of the hub. At least that’s what I went with.

Or, just to the right of the snowman’s head lol.

Outer north ring of the hub. At least that’s what I went with.

Or, just to the right of the snowman’s head lol.
I think it's roughly what I've marked in red:

SzWsScgh.jpg

I guess that would be the outer path on the north and northeast sides of the hub's top circle.

The only question then is whether you consider the snowman to have 2 or 3 sections because the loop closest to the entrance is not very circular.

I think it's roughly what I've marked in red:

SzWsScgh.jpg

I guess that would be the outer path on the north and northeast sides of the hub's top circle.

The only question then is whether you consider the snowman to have 2 or 3 sections because the loop closest to the entrance is not very circular.
I count the bottom as a loop, so 3. There’s a full path around some water so it counts well enough to me.