Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I couldn't read the article but I always suspected Lockheed Martin could sell their offices there in the future. I'm sure there are cheaper option around Orlando to build a better office than what is there.

They recently built a new office building, so they aren't going away anytime soon.

Y'all, Lockheed Martin isn't moving. It's the HQ one of the business units and has had significant reinvestment over the past half a decade. In fact, the consolidation of other local offices, like at UCF, to this facility has been considered.

Y'all, Lockheed Martin isn't moving. It's the HQ one of the business units and has had significant reinvestment over the past half a decade. In fact, the consolidation of other local offices, like at UCF, to this facility has been considered.
I don't believe anyone seriously thought that was going to happen. And quite frankly, they dont need the land. they already have land for two parks and scores of hotel resorts

I don't think it's been reported much here, but Universal was issued a bunch of Epic Universe building permits in December.

For most of 2021, there was a large set of EU building permits for which the plans had been reviewed and approved, but were waiting on Universal to pay the permit fees so that the building permits could be issued. This month that finally happened for some of the permits.

The two backstage buildings we've seen go vertical already had their building permits issued, but permits are now also issued for B1030 & B1035 (the 2 large warehouses), B1000 (large office), and B1045 (some sort of utility building).

Within the park, SNW has building permits issued for all three of its buildings: B1305 (land+Yoshi), B1310 (MK), and B1315 (DK).

Monsters has issued building permits for B1510 (Restaurant), B1520 (Retail), B1540 (Restaurant), and B1556 (Drink stand). The two attraction buildings, B1501 and B1530, appear to only have foundation permits at this time.

The Wizarding World section has building permits issued for B1610, B1630, B1640, and B1650 (uses unknown, but sizes vary greatly), while the application for B1620 came later and is still in the review process.

At this time, no building permits have been issued for HTTYD or the hub. I'm not too worried about it right now, but I do find it interesting that HTTYD is behind the other lands considering that the hole being dug in Bioreconstruct's latest aerials doesn't seem to match with anything on earlier plans we've seen for the land.

Regardless, it's incredibly exciting to finally see movement on the permit front, and I expect it to translate into significant vertical construction beginning in 2022. Between these permits and the increasing road construction already underway, it really feels like this park is actually happening. *furiously knocks on wood while fearing Omicron*

Credit for matching most building numbers to uses goes to @Alicia and Orlando ParkStop.

Monsters has issued building permits for B1510 (Restaurant), B1520 (Retail), B1540 (Restaurant), and B1556 (Drink stand). The two attraction buildings, B1501 and B1530, appear to only have foundation permits at this time.

I wonder if by attraction you mean the show + dark ride or the dark ride + black lagoon ride. Hmmmm.

Reactions: therock