Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

thanks!

using (seems ancient now) a Canon eos 70D w/ a zoom lens (55-250)
I have an even older early 00s EOS from before DLSRs were fashionable. I have thought about taking that with me on my upcoming trip just to get some from Icon, i suspect my Samsung phone Camera is better though

Can see the footers started on the BOH offices, probably management ones, there on the left. thats a three storey building theyre putting there
here are a few more that I found interesting

View attachment 16087

I have an even older early 00s EOS from before DLSRs were fashionable. I have thought about taking that with me on my upcoming trip just to get some from Icon, i suspect my Samsung phone Camera is better though

Can see the footers started on the BOH offices, probably management ones, there on the left. thats a three storey building theyre putting there

not sure why I did not take some pics with my phone (nor why I did not bring another lens with me). I not really a fan of 'electronic' zoom that phones seem to use. I also wish I hadn't gone on a Sunday as I would rather have observed a work day.

not sure why I did not take some pics with my phone (nor why I did not bring another lens with me). I not really a fan of 'electronic' zoom that phones seem to use. I also wish I hadn't gone on a Sunday as I would rather have observed a work day.
I have the Samsung 21 Ultra and the 10x optical lens is good for 2-3 miles but I'd rather have nicer photos. So definitely considering bringing that camera. I'm impressed by the views from there.

Looks like you found yourself a job as our reporter on the ground haha

Is that new drop tower on I-Drive even taller than the wheel, ha?

Gonna have to drive by the work site before my next Dock Side check in for sure.

This looks like forms for tilt-up construction of this BOH building:

It's fascinating to see so much different construction across various portions of the project.

Yeah, tilt up is the way to go on the warehouses, and with them having a concrete plant on site, makes sense to pour them on site. I could see them using that method on some of the ride buildings honestly.

If some of the Back of House functions on the original campus are moving to Epic ... maybe could mean room for expansion at Studios / IOA.

At the least I hope they could optimize HHN house locations / structures.

If some of the Back of House functions on the original campus are moving to Epic ... maybe could mean room for expansion at Studios / IOA.

At the least I hope they could optimize HHN house locations / structures.

Some could move, some might need to be duplicated, some might split between the new and old campus. Probably a mix.

Just speculation on my part, but while I'd imagine they'll have a building similar to B-2 (general purpose building for some BOH divisions that also houses TeamCare and TM ID processing and training rooms/conference rooms) I don't see very many TMs with UOR scope moving over there.