Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is there any chance the Monster's Coaster utilizes some additional type of ride technology to enhance the experience? Maybe something AR related, similar to Mario Kart, or even a brand new type of tech? I know this might push the bounds of what's considered a "kid's experience" but it could explain the layout. Curious on thoughts there.

Is there any chance the Monster's Coaster utilizes some additional type of ride technology to enhance the experience? Maybe something AR related, similar to Mario Kart, or even a brand new type of tech? I know this might push the bounds of what's considered a "kid's experience" but it could explain the layout. Curious on thoughts there.
I don't think so. AR would have a hard time keeping up with the speed. Not sure what else they could add.

Who's the main villain of the Monsters dark ride? I know it's a mixture, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a focus on one character (like how Spider-Man has a bunch of villains, but Doc Ock is the main focus).

But. . . Does it really have to be attached to a monster at all? Could it be a namesake of the village and not so much focus on the monsters? WHat if it's just a contraption that explores the creepy woods? I don't even think we will have things mention the monsters by name, be it a restaurant, shop or ride. That is why I am kinda nervous about the rumored creature of the black lagoon ride as nothing else specifically calls out any other monster (tat we know of thus far).

But. . . Does it really have to be attached to a monster at all? Could it be a namesake of the village and not so much focus on the monsters? WHat if it's just a contraption that explores the creepy woods? I don't even think we will have things mention the monsters by name, be it a restaurant, shop or ride. That is why I am kinda nervous about the rumored creature of the black lagoon ride as nothing else specifically calls out any other monster (tat we know of thus far).

We don't know what anything is called yet. For all we know, The land could be named "Frankenstein's Village", the main ride could be "Wolfman's Journey", and the restaurant could be "Dracula's Buffet".

Just watched Alicia's new vid.

And she dropped the pic of the statues outside of Berk. You know what I also saw? Waves. Maybe you are onto something about a pool, but maybe a wave pool.

Saw that video also (thanks Alicia). I believe it will be a "pool" but they will paint the bottom a dark color

When I saw the structure over the coaster, my immediate thought was “Sleepy Hallow.”

That's the vibe I'm getting as well.....more atmospheric than character specific. I was even thinking about screens showing the shadows of villagers with pitchforks and torches......where you are the monster trying to escape from them.

Reactions: OrlLover and Nico
When I saw the structure over the coaster, my immediate thought was “Sleepy Hallow.”

Just one example. plenty more in this pdf bavarian wooden covered bridges

"A wooden covered Bridge in Rothenburg. Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a town in the district of Ansbach of Middle Franconia, Bavaria, Germany. It is well known for its well-preserved medieval old town, a destination for tourists from around the world. It is part of the popular Romantic Road through southern Germany. "

71357993-Wooden-bridge-over-the-fortification-ditch-of-the-Spitalbastei-of-Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber-Middle-Franconia.jpg

One rumor for the coaster early on was Dracula, but that was when (supposedly) UC was considering a flying coaster for the theater replacement. I later heard they were going with a “kiddie coaster” to replace the theater.

Just after I heard they agreed on spinning coaster for it, which sounded more promising to me than “kiddie coaster” as the original rumor suggested, I also heard murmurs for it being themed to Wolfman and definitely not Dracula.

The timeline lined up, so seemed logical to me, BUT, while I heard “Mack spinning coaster” from two reliable sources, I only heard Wolfman theme from sources I’m not to familiar with. Then the internet seemed to go with it, including Screamscape, but all of that could have been echoing my original rumor reporting and not new info.

One rumor for the coaster early on was Dracula, but that was when (supposedly) UC was considering a flying coaster for the theater replacement. I later heard they were going with a “kiddie coaster” to replace the theater.

Just after I heard they agreed on spinning coaster for it, which sounded more promising to me than “kiddie coaster” as the original rumor suggested, I also heard murmurs for it being themed to Wolfman and definitely not Dracula.

The timeline lined up, so seemed logical to me, BUT, while I heard “Mack spinning coaster” from two reliable sources, I only heard Wolfman theme from sources I’m not to familiar with. Then the internet seemed to go with it, including Screamscape, but all of that could have been echoing my original rumor reporting and not new info.
Drac being the theme would be pretty welcomed especially if he really isn’t in the E ticket.