Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We know the Observatory table service near the big fountain was cut, but from Bio's latest shots you can see they are now putting in a rectangular foundation in that area.

I'm still hoping it's a covered outdoor wine bar similar to Duff Gardens only classier.

And what are the chances we get a Toothless statue on the rocks in the helix in the HTTYD coaster? Like a kids Velocicoaster.
I hope Toothless will be a visible (not in a building blocked off by public) meet and greet character. If so I wouldn't want a statue as it would be as silly as ToyStory land where there are statues of the characters AND walkaround version of the same characters.

I hope Toothless will be a visible (not in a building blocked off by public) meet and greet character. If so I wouldn't want a statue as it would be as silly as ToyStory land where there are statues of the characters AND walkaround version of the same characters.
There will be a Toothless meet and greet themed as Dragon Stables near the theater attraction.

There were plans for an animatronic on the launch for the coaster, but I worry it was cut a long time ago for a screen like VelociCoaster. If there are any scenic statues on the ride, they would be "hand-made" ones around the land visible from the ride and from the pathways.. I believe the kid's area may have some for example.

Still seems to be some animatronics planned for windows around the area at least, but not Toothless as far as I can tell. He will be in the stage show and out at a meet and greet at very least though.

There will be a Toothless meet and greet themed as Dragon Stables near the theater attraction.

There were plans for an animatronic on the launch for the coaster, but I worry it was cut a long time ago for a screen like VelociCoaster. If there are any scenic statues on the ride, they would be "hand-made" ones around the land visible from the ride and from the pathways.. I believe the kid's area may have some for example.

Still seems to be some animatronics planned for windows around the area at least, but not Toothless as far as I can tell. He will be in the stage show and out at a meet and greet at very least though.
Darn, that’s a little disappointing. Was hoping for a few animatronic show scenes on the coaster similar to Hagrid’s.

Darn, that’s a little disappointing. Was hoping for a few animatronic show scenes on the coaster similar to Hagrid’s.
I don't know what is in the building on the one coaster but I wonder if they are having second thoughts about AA scenes on coasters after seeing what that effort produced for Hagrid's. As much as was spent on Fluffy, the Skrewit/Hagrid and the unicorn the return is minimal unless every thing is operation perfectly and that didn't pan out.

I don't know what is in the building on the one coaster but I wonder if they are having second thoughts about AA scenes on coasters after seeing what that effort produced for Hagrid's. As much as was spent on Fluffy, the Skrewit/Hagrid and the unicorn the return is minimal unless every thing is operation perfectly and that didn't pan out.
I don’t think the return is minimal at all. Velocicoaster can get away with static statues because riders are moving too fast for any movement to have an impact but the animatronics on Hagrid’s are absolutely an asset to the attraction. A lot would be lost if they were just screens or static props.

I've never seen what's "wrong" with the unicorn on Hagrid's, but people seem to keep bringing it up. Lucky me, I guess!

Anyway, I continue to be fascinated by what Universal is planning for HTTYD. We'll have to wait and see how it all comes together, but from my vantage point, based purely on what's been rumored, I kind of don't get their whole approach to the property. I don't know who would watch those movies and come away thinking that a theme park land should be entirely built around the concept of training to fly on dragons rather than actually flying on dragons. "Train" may be in the title of the series, but still.

I also recognize the extreme irony of me, Mr. "I'm Sick of Screens and Want Real Stuff," basically advocating for a massive flying simulator, but here we are. Conceptually, that just makes a lot of sense to me if you want to put guests as directly as possible into the most exciting scenarios from the movies.

In any case, I hope the land is crawling (metaphorically) with as many physical dragons (static, puppet, or AA) as possible.

I've never seen what's "wrong" with the unicorn on Hagrid's, but people seem to keep bringing it up. Lucky me, I guess!

Anyway, I continue to be fascinated by what Universal is planning for HTTYD. We'll have to wait and see how it all comes together, but from my vantage point, based purely on what's been rumored, I kind of don't get their whole approach to the property. I don't know who would watch those movies and come away thinking that a theme park land should be entirely built around the concept of training to fly on dragons rather than actually flying on dragons. "Train" may be in the title of the series, but still.

I also recognize the extreme irony of me, Mr. "I'm Sick of Screens and Want Real Stuff," basically advocating for a massive flying simulator, but here we are. Conceptually, that just makes a lot of sense to me if you want to put guests as directly as possible into the most exciting scenarios from the movies.

In any case, I hope the land is crawling (metaphorically) with as many physical dragons (static, puppet, or AA) as possible.
I still think they'll put one in here on the expansion pad at some point

I still think they'll put one in here on the expansion pad at some point
I know it's silly but the obvious comparison that most would make is Flight of Passage. Which, while I haven't been on, is regarded as a top tier ride. So copying the ride system wouldn't be offensive. It's just been done before (just not in an Universal property). I think a dragon flying simulator going through the world of HTTYD would be interesting. Kind of a merging of the Simpsons ride and FoP. Lots of action, flying through colorful caves, over water (with real ocean water effects maybe)