Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

I'm really excited for this. It's the first time I will be able to see a theme park build from the Netherlands while people hang out of helicopters and use drones to report on it. And a forum with people who will notice every concrete slab, bolt and metal pole that is added.
Of course we will get the "this wall would be the death of the park" and "that color looks like orange bird. I hate this park" but in the end we will have a brand new theme park to visit.

I only hope that the one thing worst than the pandemic, stupid people, will not ruin the progress again.

Drove past the Sand Lake side of the property this morning and they were hard at work installing curbs for the employee/backstage entrances on that side of the property. One of the sets of curbs was at the Mandarin Drive entrance where the traffic light is for Tangelo Park. Does anyone know if Mandarin Drive is still planned to run through there and connect over to Universal Blvd? That would connect the main property to those hotel out parcels over there as well as help traffic flow for TMs coming and going from the back of house area, though it would also mean theoretically the public could drive through the middle of the backstage area there unless they are planning to limit access.

Drove past the Sand Lake side of the property this morning and they were hard at work installing curbs for the employee/backstage entrances on that side of the property. One of the sets of curbs was at the Mandarin Drive entrance where the traffic light is for Tangelo Park. Does anyone know if Mandarin Drive is still planned to run through there and connect over to Universal Blvd? That would connect the main property to those hotel out parcels over there as well as help traffic flow for TMs coming and going from the back of house area, though it would also mean theoretically the public could drive through the middle of the backstage area there unless they are planning to limit access.
It's not going to connect directly, there will be a security checkpoint to connect backstage.

I'm sure you guys have discussed this already, but so many things have changed so I will pose my question anyway. Can anyone guessitmate on when we will actually walk through the gates and enter this beauty?