Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tbh I think it makes sense for Super Nintendo World to be first since it would be the easiest one to cover because it's already at Japan and Hollywood, plus they can tie it in with Japan to announce an opening date for their DKC and give a first look of the ride/land. But I wouldn't mind HP being first I'll take it lol
On the EU landing page they have “coming soon” listings with Potter first, SNW second, HTTYD next, and Monsters last. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the order

Everything looks incredible. Celestial Park and Berk are going to be the highlights for me.

Looking forward to the full attraction lineup, though calling a dancing fountain an attraction is definitely a reach...

I think it depends on how good it is. It's giving Mystic Fountain/Vol/Liki Tikis in Hong Kong Disneyland... I think at one point the pulsating "core" that synchronized all of the lights in Shanghai Disneyland's Tomorrowland was listed as it's own attraction. It makes me wonder if the fountain will have any specific story significance.

So I'm hyped. I know my boyfriend won't want to engage with the Potter Land due to politics and Super Nintendo is bicoastal, but Donkey Kong, Dark Universe, and How To Train Your Dragon look great. I agree with all the people saying that Celestial Park is the most interesting land. While I love the cheeky references at the Super Star Store suggesting that magic from the Mushroom Kingdom is leaking out of the warp pipe, I'm really interested in the story of the land and some of the hidden lore that most guests might not observe on first glance, similar to the involved Waturi lore in Volcano Bay.

Something about the great innovators and dreamers of the past and future being drawn to this giant astrolabe/centerfuge/carousel of the stars to seek adventure feels to me like a rejected EPCOT idea they really should have used (reminds me of Beastly Kingdomme and "you're not using my incredible idea so I'm going to join Universal about it"). It frankly feels like the return of the Adventurer's Club that so many "Original Concept" theme park fans are dying to see again.

The thing that interests me the most is the possible lore of the Chronos, the details of all the adventurers that have passed through Celestial Park... and are these real people (Galileo, Ada Lovelace, Mary Shelly, H.G. Wells, Beowulf's Author) myths (like Lost Continent) or are they the celestial adventurers of realms from the IP (Rosalina, Frankenstein, Trelawny/Newt Scamander, Leif Erikson/Valka)?

Is the statue of the woman at the front of the park a major character in the lore? What is the lore of shooting stars/worlds being drawn towards the Chronos? Are the Starfall Racers meant to race to find new worlds in space and time, or are they part of a fun game the travelers of Celestial Park play? What phenomenon creates the Astronomica - is the fountain meant to be a map to the universe?

I'm almost as excited about the rides themselves as I am about things like the music lessons occurring in the lofts of Port of Entry, the Team Members cracking the corny joke of "It's Sunday! We're in color!" in Toon Lagoon, and the phone numbers you can actually call in Marvel Super Hero Island.

While I know that functionally the Celestial Park is a Park, I am extremely hopeful that the designers went into this kind of depth with the details and story elements.

Some of the news coverage:

That's just a small fraction of the coverage, and that's just today! I would say this was a successful rollout...

Some of the news coverage:

That's just a small fraction of the coverage, and that's just today! I would say this was a successful rollout...

Don't forget the Bedford Independent.

Ive been saying it’s like the USF arches and IOA lighthouse had a baby.
This drawing kind of worked out.

^Why would you want to include that in a thread about Epic Universe???
They link to the new EU stuff within the article.

This drawing kind of worked out.

I think you should auction this off at the next Park Stop fundraiser.