Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After watching Alicia’s new video, one question remains, when will Epic Universe open? They don’t mention summer 2025 anywhere anymore, are we thinking a slight delay on the opening date and will now open in Late 2025 or even open before schedule (an even bigger blow for Disney) and open in Spring 2025? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
After watching Alicia’s new video, one question remains, when will Epic Universe open? They don’t mention summer 2025 anywhere anymore, are we thinking a slight delay on the opening date and will now open in Late 2025 or even open before schedule (an even bigger blow for Disney) and open in Spring 2025? Any thoughts?
I’m leaning toward a “spring” opening, but of course spring is technically anytime before June 22…

Yeah I'm definitely expecting it to open earlier in 2025 now. To think we're just over a year from walking into this park is.. mindblowing.

April-May is now the quietest season for Orlando and the weather hasn't become unbearable just yet, so ideal for opening parks.

Quiet season used to be September, HHN ruined that. Then it used to be January, but all the Run Disney events along with the festivals/corporate events make January one of the busier periods now.
I'll be honest, I went the 2nd week of September of last year and it's the quietest I've seen the parks during the day in years.

June 2nd is still Spring.
I'm still thinking Dave's @Disneyhead date....ie June early....but, with all the new stuff, probably soft openings of some sort (cast, AP, or hotel guests) in late April , early May. They really need to run full tests on the rides, and get the operations running, before the official opening. This is too complicated to just throw the gates open overnight. Those early hotel reservations might be a bit of a clue. Good source of test dummies.

I'm still thinking Dave's @Disneyhead date....ie June early....but, with all the new stuff, probably soft openings of some sort (cast, AP, or hotel guests) in late April , early May. They really need to run full tests on the rides, and get the operations running, before the official opening. This is too complicated to just throw the gates open overnight. Those early hotel reservations might be a bit of a clue. Good source of test dummies.
Absolutely. Would be an easy way to pull people into those hotels.

"Stay at Helios/Stella/Terra in May and you're guaranteed an early preview of Epic Universe!"

Are we getting a nighttime show or fireworks?

We should be. Guessing they held off for now.
They didn't hold off, the one pan thru shows fireworks going off behind the hotel, which is what should happen most nights. My guess is shows won't be announced until later as some things like fireworks may be seasonal.

I’m leaning toward a “spring” opening, but of course spring is technically anytime before June 22…
I agree, early June which is technically spring so they removed the Summer.

My guess is shows won't be announced until later as some things like fireworks may be seasonal.
Get what you’re saying, but to me “announced later” is “holding off.” We know they have the fireworks strip and that concept has fireworks. But they haven’t announced.

They’ll have to have a set date at some point— reservations for Helios have to start at some point, and I doubt they’ll have it open if the park isn’t. I assume reservations open around the time the preview center opens…

We are talking about the matter of securing a door/gate. I seriously doubt they will wait for the park to open to open the hotel. They will have to work out the kinks somewhere along the line.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
We are talking about the matter of securing a door/gate. I seriously doubt they will wait for the park to open to open the hotel. They will have to work out the kinks somewhere along the line.

Not saying it’s outside the realm of possibility - but they probably don’t want anyone to see inside the park until it’s completely ready.