Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, and it’s very timeless/universally appealing. I haven’t seen one of the movies since the first sequel came out, but it looks like the land doesn’t require you to be invested in the stories to get the most out of it like Potter does. You like dragons? You like Vikings? Boom. We’ve got the perfect land for you

Not a fan of the choice for coaster--just copying Hagrid's, something like Dragonflier at Dollywood would've provided way more variety--but besides that, it'll be a very good area.

Reactions: biggerboat16
Not a fan of the choice for coaster--just copying Hagrid's, something like Dragonflier at Dollywood would've provided way more variety--but besides that, it'll be a very good area.
I don't see immediately how this coaster is copying Hagrid's as it hasn't got all the tricks that coaster has. But if the public perceives it that way it would be a very smart move as that coaster is wildly popular and a second coaster could help reduce wait times.
In the end, the thing is build and it won't become something else the first 25+ years.

I don't see immediately how this coaster is copying Hagrid's as it hasn't got all the tricks that coaster has. But if the public perceives it that way it would be a very smart move as that coaster is wildly popular and a second coaster could help reduce wait times.
In the end, the thing is build and it won't become something else the first 25+ years.
I get that, but it is the same problem I think we all have with screenz—we need variety.

Edit: From what I can tell, Dragonflier’s capacity has little to do with what type of coaster it is and everything to do with the layout. The same model could easily have the number of block zones necessary.

I get that, but it is the same problem I think we all have with screenz—we need variety.

Edit: From what I can tell, Dragonflier’s capacity has little to do with what type of coaster it is and everything to do with the layout. The same model could easily have the number of block zones necessary.
But it doesn't seem anything like Hagrid's so would the GP even care? It is much different than having too many screen heavy rides in a single park. This coaster is different from the other ones in this park.

I agree, which is why I said it would have to be longer to give more blocks. Because if you have ever been in line for that ride you would know how painfully slow that line is. It is a decent coaster for what it is, but if my son had to rank all the coasters he has been on he would rank it last. Between fire chaser and dragonflier in that park alone fire chaser is better. So I don't know that it would be something that would blow people away. I haven't been on their new coaster, but if I had to guess it will rank last amoungst the kid coasters at Dollywood. So why clone something that in its own park isn't ranked very high never the less compared to other parks?

Reactions: jarmor
My brain just saw that logo on the back of a hoodie, flannel & jean jacket all within a few seconds. While not a fan of the basic design, it'll definitely sell.

I wonder if each land will get its own shirt next year. Only because I'm curious how much damage Dark Universe will due to my bank account :eyes:

Reactions: saint.piss
But it doesn't seem anything like Hagrid's so would the GP even care? It is much different than having too many screen heavy rides in a single park. This coaster is different from the other ones in this park.

I agree, which is why I said it would have to be longer to give more blocks. Because if you have ever been in line for that ride you would know how painfully slow that line is. It is a decent coaster for what it is, but if my son had to rank all the coasters he has been on he would rank it last. Between fire chaser and dragonflier in that park alone fire chaser is better. So I don't know that it would be something that would blow people away. I haven't been on their new coaster, but if I had to guess it will rank last amoungst the kid coasters at Dollywood. So why clone something that in its own park isn't ranked very high never the less compared to other parks?

If you want Dragonflier, Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot is literally up the street from Epic

Oh I know the GP won't care. Purely my personal preferences; just way way way too many launched coasters city wide. It's my least anticipated attraction at the park for that very reason.

Reactions: belloq87
You know what, every coaster in this park is launched! I just realized that. . .
Yup, along with all at the existing parks sans two (kiddie) coasters at Islands and HRRR. Throw in three straight at both SWO and WDW and yeah, I'm already suffering launch fatigue. Launches are great when there's only a couple of them, but the market's becoming way oversaturated at this point. Reminds me of that Syndrome line.

(It's also how I feel about comedy houses at HHN since 2018, but that's for another topic.)

Last edited:
Yup, along with all but two (kiddie) coasters at Islands and HRRR. Throw in three straight at both SWO and WDW and yeah, I'm launched out. Launches are great when there's only a couple of them, but we're becoming way oversaturated at this point. Reminds me of that Syndrome quote.
Yep, it's not a unique or special element anymore.

We're at the point now where a more traditional lift hill would be the novelty!