Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My brain just saw that logo on the back of a hoodie, flannel & jean jacket all within a few seconds. While not a fan of the basic design, it'll definitely sell.

I wonder if each land will get its own shirt next year. Only because I'm curious how much damage Dark Universe will due to my bank account :eyes:
I'm expecting designs a lot like HHN-style shirts like the ones with all the names of the houses in the back for the lands. Then tons of merch for all the characters in the lands.

I want something like this but instead of records it would be the portals and with the EU name in the middle:

hos2007.JPG

My only issue with the EU shirt is the logo on the top left looks too pixelated like it's low-res, that's how it really looks in person. I thought it may have been just mine be seeing those tweets it looks like that's how it actually is. The rest of the logo appears fine otherwise but that stuck out.

I still liked the shirt enough to buy one! :D

Launches don’t require the footprint of a lift hill, so it allows more “coaster”. Not surprising at all.

Agreed, there are so many advantages to launches I don't understand why people want chain. I mean when chain only existed no one says we have too many chain coasters that was the technology they could use to get you to the top. Now they have launch which is better and now reliable (outside of lightning rod) so I don't see why they wouldn't just use launch moving forward. No one goes back to a pentium computer or a flip text only phone, why would we go backwards with roller coasters? All rides evolve as technology evolves and yes it is sometimes nice to go on an old roller coaster (I absolutely love going to Kennywood) but I wouldn't want them to build an old fashion wood coaster like Lightning bolt or jack rabbit in a new park now.

Only time I could see chain being used is something like mine train where you want it to move slow while going thru show scenes. So I could see it having its purposes but the majority moving towards launch.

I think when people say they want a "chain lift" coaster, what they want is a coaster that goes up a mountain (Big Thunder, Everest, Matterhorn, etc.) and then offers a fun route down the mountain. Nobody is asking for a Velocicoaster with a chain hill lol

I don't think people care about the method of propulsion on a coaster, more about the coaster experience itself.

Expedition Everest works as a lift, but wouldn't work as a launch.
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster works as a launch, but wouldn't work as a lift.

Hagrid and Big Thunder are very similar in style (and intent), both are jarring/action-packed coasters but offer different forms of propulsion that wouldn't work on the other for story or theming purposes.

Interesting discussion (as I intended lol). Hard to put my finger on exactly WHAT my problem is with more launched coasters, it just feels like the lineup of coasters with lift hills in the area feels so much more varied than the lineup of launched coasters in the area.

Folks, nobody was saying "Stop building any new launched coasters."

I think when people say they want a "chain lift" coaster, what they want is a coaster that goes up a mountain (Big Thunder, Everest, Matterhorn, etc.) and then offers a fun route down the mountain. Nobody is asking for a Velocicoaster with a chain hill lol

I don't think people care about the method of propulsion on a coaster, more about the coaster experience itself.

Expedition Everest works as a lift, but wouldn't work as a launch.
I think there's something to be said for the tension/suspense-building that a lift hill provides on something like Everest.

While I prefer a lift over a launch, I could not imagine any of the launched coasters at universal with a lift. Launches help tell a story, lifts help with records and thrills! I could see the wolfman having a lift though. Hearing howls going up it would have been neat.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
It depends on the situation. A dragon or a comet is probably better as a launch. A mine train, well, I don't expect that to go from 0-60 in 3 seconds. :lol:

I can see either one working for Wolfman, but ultimately, with that small of a footprint - I understand the launch aspect. Plus, I'm sure there will be story reasons for the launch. (i.e. Hulk transformation).

Holy crap--

Yeah - it's a damn shame..

It depends on the situation. A dragon or a comet is probably better as a launch. A mine train, well, I don't expect that to go from 0-60 in 3 seconds. :lol:

I can see either one working for Wolfman, but ultimately, with that small of a footprint - I understand the launch aspect. Plus, I'm sure there will be story reasons for the launch. (i.e. Hulk transformation).

Yeah - it's a damn shame..
I hope Universal cuts off whoever is doing it.

Does someone have a ride tally handy? And how many rides are outdoor vs indoor?

How impacted will EU be during summer rain / thunderstorm season?