Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't see any issue with the Monsters. They couldn't use the likeness of the legacy actors, and they needed a modern update to fit the story of the land and this seems like it hits those boxes without being offensive to the overall design. Frank looks like Frank. Wolfie looks like Wolfie. Drac looks like Drac.

And the news coverage begins:

Interesting to note that we only got fly through video of Celestial Park and that's the only token that came with the press kits so far. I assume for the next few months we'll get each of the other lands getting full breakdown and video fly through, with the token going to those who received press kits. If I had to guess it will be every 4-6 weeks, and by June when the store is ready and they're ready to release a tentative opening date we'll have seen it all.

I don't see any issue with the Monsters. They couldn't use the likeness of the legacy actors, and they needed a modern update to fit the story of the land and this seems like it hits those boxes without being offensive to the overall design. Frank looks like Frank. Wolfie looks like Wolfie. Drac looks like Drac.
I think Wolfman looks great. Basically just an updated version of the OG. Frank looks a bit over the top, and Drac just looks like he came from a rave Halloween party dressed as a power rangers bad guy. Maybe Lord Darkenon is giving him fashion tips

Everything looks incredible. Celestial Park and Berk are going to be the highlights for me.

Looking forward to the full attraction lineup, though calling a dancing fountain an attraction is definitely a reach...
Yes the 50 things to do and then the dancing fountains as the 3rd "attraction" was a little off to me.

Just watched the video. This basically confirms what I've been saying for the past couple of years. Looking at the park as 'four' lands was shortchanging it. It's actually 'five' lands, for all intents and purposes, and today Universal confirmed that reality. Celestial Park is the first portal, or land, and it has as much, if not more, than the other four portals. As Universal describes it, '5 incredibly themed worlds'. Bottom line, we should really quit using the four lands description that's been the norm on these threads, and give it the credit Epic deserves. It's 'Five Worlds', and an individual portal for each world.....And by the way, this was an excellent presentation by Universal. And most especially it shows what the park will look like to an individual at ground level, with the mature foliage, trees, and such helping to create an immersive and beautiful setting....Thumbs up to Epic and Universal.
Agreed, this video was amazing, really not what I expected. It was a really really good announcement video.

The interactive part sticks out to me for the preview center. I am excited to explore it this summer.

They just don’t move the needle for me, personally. On paper I guess Harry Potter is my “favorite” but I’m not deep enough into that lore to care about whatever they’re shoehorning into Paris.

What’s great about this park though is that only Nintendo Land’s aesthetic will really be deeply tied to the IP. Dragons should work as a generic Viking village, Monsters seems like it’ll have a unique atmosphere (I’m still holding out hope they go to the tacky roadside attraction route personally) and I really love Paris (so sign me up for a 1920’s idealization).
Which IPs would you want? I think all of them are perfect and hit different notes which will make it exciting exploring each one.

I LOVE that Starfalls is 48" this is the park Universal needed honestly. It really mixes up the genre feelings along with the different rides and makes it more appealing to families with all different age kids. If this park was around before I probably would have gotten passes to Universal earlier for my kids instead of waiting for my son to be older.

Yes the 50 things to do and then the dancing fountains as the 3rd "attraction" was a little off to me.

Agreed, this video was amazing, really not what I expected. It was a really really good announcement video.

The interactive part sticks out to me for the preview center. I am excited to explore it this summer.

Which IPs would you want? I think all of them are perfect and hit different notes which will make it exciting exploring each one.

I LOVE that Starfalls is 48" this is the park Universal needed honestly. It really mixes up the genre feelings along with the different rides and makes it more appealing to families with all different age kids. If this park was around before I probably would have gotten passes to Universal earlier for my kids instead of waiting for my son to be older.
Wait, Starfall has a 48 inch height requirement?! I don't know how on earth they got it down that low, but that's awesome!

All the monsters look fine to me with the exception of Dracula. Looks like he's ready to battle the gods from the late Poseidon's Fury. But, he's only one of many, so it's no big deal. Wonder what the bat looks like when he transforms ;) :lmao:.....
Yeah when I saw Dracula I thought of a ringmaster. The costume is just wrong. The rest looks awesome and I'm happy and surprised they went the scary route and not the Beetlejuice's Rock and Roll Graveyard Revue route.