Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dracula aside, the more I dig into the concept art for everything else the more excited I get!

I was too young to deeply appreciate IoA's newness in its early years although clearly it's left an impression since. Walking through those EU gates for the first time when everything is shiny is going to be surreal.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this park matures compared to Islands.

And even then the yellow track will probably feel more like a twist than an actual inversion since it’s on the way down.
I'm so happy we have something of a successor to DD. No brakes until we get back to the station is perfect!

I'm not surprised, it's only got the one inversion seemingly and nothing all that extreme.
The height restriction has less to do with the sensations themselves, and more to do with the restraint system. For example, Ride To Hapiness at Plopsaland, from the same manufacturer, has a size limit of just 50 inches, and it's one of the most intense coasters in the world...

I expect the intensity of SFR to be similar to Busch’s Cheetah Hunt.

I suspect they observed Cheetah Hunt (and other coasters like it) and found that it’s very popular with GP because it’s a balanced coaster in the way of only having one inversion and no super high lift hills. Also, it seems everyone really is still digging launch coasters. The only issue with them is that their capacity, while not horrible, can be an issue if the ride is popular enough to build a really long wait (everytime I visit BG, Cheetah is consistently over an hour and a half.) so they literally thought ahead and made it dueling, two for one.

Absolutely
BRILLIANT.

Wow, that's such a great move for the park! I really expected it to be 51 inches.

Also, this was expected but Constellation Carousel has no height requirement.
The carousel will have stationary seating in certain places for the riders who want less thrills. One of them is a Peacock. No height restrictions for that, just like a normal carousel.

Reactions: Nico
Mako has a ton of airtime.

Height requirements also have more to do with the coaster trains as well.

The height restriction has less to do with the sensations themselves, and more to do with the restraint system. For example, Ride To Hapiness at Plopsaland, from the same manufacturer, has a size limit of just 50 inches, and it's one of the most intense coasters in the world...

100% it is the cars and restraints and I honestly never understood why parks in Florida keep building coasters at 54" height. When we have things like Iron Gwazi, Lightning Rod, Eagle, and others with 48"/50" height. I was happy to see VC at 51" and had hoped Starfall would be lower and glad it is.

Many rides have airtime with lower limits, think wooden coasters. I personally think Mako is a perfect example of a coaster that should have had different restraints that would allow lower limit. Starfall to me looks Mako like and so I was hoping they didn't fall into the same trap, which they did not. 48" is a perfect height for this coaster. Now hopefully my 6 yr who will be 7 then will ride it. He wants to ride VC but is well short of 51" as he is right above 48".

Last edited:
Reactions: RFRees
with four open slots for additional coins to be sent/inserted at a later date?
I have a feeling they'll do this on a monthly basis following today. Makes sense for Super Nintendo World to be in February (anniversary of both Japan's/Hollywood's SNW) then the other IPs leading up to May-June when we'll get the preview Center and opening date details. Maybe even tickets go on sale by June as well.

I have a feeling they'll do this on a monthly basis following today. Makes sense for Super Nintendo World to be in February (anniversary of both Japan's/Hollywood's SNW) then the other IPs leading up to May-June when we'll get the preview Center and opening date details. Maybe even tickets go on sale by June as well.
My bet is Potter is first.

Reactions: Nico
My bet is Potter is first.
Tbh I think it makes sense for Super Nintendo World to be first since it would be the easiest one to cover because it's already at Japan and Hollywood, plus they can tie it in with Japan to announce an opening date for their DKC and give a first look of the ride/land. But I wouldn't mind HP being first I'll take it lol

Tbh I think it makes sense for Super Nintendo World to be first since it would be the easiest one to cover because it's already at Japan and Hollywood, plus they can tie it in with Japan to announce an opening date for their DKC and give a first look of the ride/land. But I wouldn't mind HP being first I'll take it lol

Mar 10 is only 6 weeks away.