Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My little heart can't take any more of these leaks!
Yeah the more we learn about this park, the more I feel like the behind-the-scenes is that it isn't happening so no one cares whether their art or concept art gets leaked (either that or the people who would have been responsible for preventing leaked art to release are currently furloughed or laid off).

Reactions: Grabnar
Yeah the more we learn about this park, the more I feel like the behind-the-scenes is that it isn't happening so no one cares whether their art or concept art gets leaked (either that or the people who would have been responsible for preventing leaked art to release are currently furloughed or laid off).

The 2nd part is big right now; less overall staff means less scrutiny.

Jerry Demings did state in April that Epic Universe could be delayed by a year. By the time a vaccine arrives and the theme parks breaking even by a Comcast earning projection. Construction could start back up for a possible 2024 opening

Sometime in May 2024.

Jerry Demings did state in April that Epic Universe could be delayed by a year. By the time a vaccine arrives and the theme parks breaking even by a Comcast earning projection. Construction could start back up for a possible 2024 opening

Sometime in May 2024.
That was before basically all heavily lifting stopped. I don’t think 2024 is realistic at this point, but I’d take it.
I think it's fair to say 2024/2025, anything after that.. expect KidZone to close.
Agreed. I think it’ll be 2025, but I think if it’s any later than that Nintendo is going to force their hand in Orlando

2025 doesn’t sound unreasonable to me, that sounds like when things will be “normal”. I could see masks being required until 2024/2025, and I think that’ll be a nice bump for this as it’ll be more attractive to not wear a mask in Florida lol. 2025 hopefully, if we get Notning after VC until then that really isn’t a long break at all considering the thing we’d be waiting for is an entire new park.

hoefully minimal cuts, but we shall see. I’d like to imagine there’s a lot of positive news for Comcast to feel comfortable moving along at some point.

Give me that Monsters land. Please!
giphy.gif

It could really be something special.

I could see masks being required until 2024/2025...

Huh? Why would masks be required until 2025?! :eek:O::eek:O::eek:O: Two vaccines that have more efficacy than our wildest expectations are in production and should be widely available to most citizens by mid - late 2021. There will be no reason for masks post 2022 unless the country has fully lost its collective mind.

Huh? Why would masks be required until 2025?! :eek:O::eek:O::eek:O: Two vaccines that have more efficacy than our wildest expectations are in production and should be widely available to most citizens by mid - late 2021. There will be no reason for masks post 2022 unless the country has fully lost its collective mind.

Slow rollouts and worldwide distribution/logistics issues + antivax sentiment will be a big problem for any global tourist destination. The US doesn't exist in a vacuum

Slow rollouts and worldwide distribution/logistics issues + antivax sentiment will be a big problem for any global tourist destination. The US doesn't exist in a vacuum
Correct. Masks will be with us for a long time.

Also, people should be wearing masks during flu season anyway. Go to TDR and you'll see people all over the place in masks

Correct. Masks will be with us for a long time.

Also, people should be wearing masks during flu season anyway. Go to TDR and you'll see people all over the place in masks

I'm not seeing any evidence that would suggest states in America will be mandating masks through 2024. It's laughable to suggest this when several states STILL haven't passed a mask mandate at the height of the pandemic as it is. Will some people choose to wear masks going forward during a bad flu season? Probably. Will it be mandated past 2022? Absolutely not. A vaccine with 95% efficacy isn't like a flu vaccine and does NOT require everyone in a population to get vaccinated in order for it to drastically slow a pandemic like this. Anti-vaxers will surely make a stink and not receive it which would open themselves up to infection from one another but those who are vaccinated will be protected with efficacy this high. If anything proof of vaccination or proof of negative Covid test should be required before entering Walt Disney World in 2022. That would be FAR more effective at preventing infection in the parks than masks currently are.

Last edited:
Reactions: tielo and Mad Dog
I'm not seeing any evidence that would suggest states in America will be mandating masks through 2024. It's laughable to suggest this when several states STILL haven't passed a mask mandate at the height of the pandemic as it is. Will some people choose to wear masks going forward during a bad flu season? Probably. Will it be mandated past 2022? Absolutely not. A vaccine with 95% efficacy isn't like a flu vaccine and does NOT require everyone in a population to get vaccinated in order for it to stop a pandemic like this. Anti-vaxers will surely make a stink and not receive it which would open themselves up to infection from one another but those who are vaccinated will be protected with efficacy this high. If anything proof of vaccination or proof of negative Covid test should be required before entering Walt Disney World in 2022. That would be 60% more effective at preventing infection in the parks than masks currently are.

Statewide mask mandates? I agree, probably not. Individual mandates from global-oriented businesses? Almost definitely. I think you're underestimating just how much tourist destinations don't want to be known as super spreaders. Companies like Universal and Disney are looking long and hard at what's happened with the cruise industry and absolutely do not want a repeat with their golden geese; it'd be the fastest way to ensure that something like EU never happens.

I'm not seeing any evidence that would suggest states in America will be mandating masks through 2024. It's laughable to suggest this when several states STILL haven't passed a mask mandate at the height of the pandemic as it is. Will some people choose to wear masks going forward during a bad flu season? Probably. Will it be mandated past 2022? Absolutely not. A vaccine with 95% efficacy isn't like a flu vaccine and does NOT require everyone in a population to get vaccinated in order for it to drastically slow a pandemic like this. Anti-vaxers will surely make a stink and not receive it which would open themselves up to infection from one another but those who are vaccinated will be protected with efficacy this high. If anything proof of vaccination or proof of negative Covid test should be required before entering Walt Disney World in 2022. That would be FAR more effective at preventing infection in the parks than masks currently are.
Universal required masks, and Florida does not, this is the kind of stuff that ain’t going anywhere for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.