Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 252 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm 29's Monsters cast would like to say a few words..
I am gonna stop talking about Monsters as I don't want to start another situation we had a few pages back. The last thing I want to do is start a fight with any forum members.

However, 29's Monsters was successful in a horror environment advertised to horror fans.
EU is a completely different ball game.

To add to our Harry Potter discussion, I've slept on it and a game of Quidditch is most likely the best way to approach the concept. As a person who is more of a not really/kinda Potter fan, the broom concept sounds fun but in order for it not feel like the Forbidden journey your really going to have to subvert expectations to not make it feel like the same thing you already rode at Island's. If TFJ was all practical with zero screens (Universal: yeah lol no) then I would be sticking my neck out for it more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verdicoshna
I’m not creative nor do I care that much but gotta ask cause it’s will be asked, how and why are we play quidditch from the French Ministry?

I’m not creative nor do I care that much but gotta ask cause it’s will be asked, how and why are we play quidditch from the French Ministry?

Because there're already 2 Harry Potter lands and one of the most iconic parts of the books and movies hasn't been brought to life yet.

I haven't watched the movies, but I know quidditch. Was kinda surprised we haven't had a ride for it yet. You build a ride about it and you exit through a gift shop with the golden ball thingie and every Potter fan will either buy one or beg their parents to buy one. It's a slam dunk.

Will some nerds say it breaks the spell of being in Potterland because it's not in the right place? Of course, but who cares? Put in a pre-ride room/show like Gringotts and have whoever say something like, "Oh no, we forgot about our quidditch match! Transporticus Usicuss." and they disappear. They magically teleport to wherever quiddich is played. At the end of the ride, have a voiceover saying, "Now to get back to the French Ministry. Transporticuss Backacuss" or whatever.

Clearly, I don't know anything about Potter lore, but when the participants are wizards who can do magic, having them teleport to the match is a simple task. Or, have the first half of the ride be a flight from the French Ministry to the Quidditch field/stadium/whatever and then the ride kicks into high gear for the game. Do something cute and and on the park map, way out in the middle of nowhere clearly off property and not real, have the Quidditch field on the map.

I think people are running a bit far with this “Quidditch” idea, when Alicia’s video mentions you’d have a wand and would be performing spells

My point was more that it was possible and probably what the public might want but the reality is that it’s a crap idea.

VR as a concept is an exciting one and it’s different.

I think people are running a bit far with this “Quidditch” idea, when Alicia’s video mentions you’d have a wand and would be performing spells
Actually, it says both those scenarios are possible using the tech, but rumored details for story elements aren't available yet. Your guess is as good as mine. I only gave examples.

Reactions: JungleSkip
If I recall correctly, some spells were assumed to be used during Quidditch in Prison of Azkaban when Malfoy cheats and makes Harry see Dementors.
Also, Hermione goes and cast's a spell on Harry's glasses in order to make him see better in one of the films as well.

The spell situation does make things tricky with the idea, but this is no new concept in the Wizarding World.

Quidditch would be a force coming from the French Ministry, I’m sure the Ministry wants our help to some degree and that’s the premise, I don’t think it’s going to be too extravagant in that sense, maybe for the 2nd VR ride they do. Just get the tech working at a massive level first

Yep. Have any survivor from both it and Battle of Hogwarts (Ron or George, specifically) drop their memory into a pensive. The VR headset is themed as a “pensive shroud” or something similar, which allows multiple people to experience a memory at once. Viola. You ARE (a) Harry Potter, in one of the most significant moments in the series. Frame it as part of a research project by the Ministry to archive everything the Order did to stop Voldemort, and you have an attraction.

Another good concept.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
In curiosity, I wonder on the VR attraction, who they'd have on for developing the film? I'd have to assume while it would follow a pre-set ride path, each rider would have a sense of control. Especially if they're going to go at a high graphical quality rate (albeit similar to the visual quality of The Void's efforts with Star Wars and Marvel).

In curiosity, I wonder on the VR attraction, who they'd have on for developing the film? I'd have to assume while it would follow a pre-set ride path, each rider would have a sense of control. Especially if they're going to go at a high graphical quality rate (albeit similar to the visual quality of The Void's efforts with Star Wars and Marvel).
The Void level quality for visuals is what I've heard. But no idea who was going to be hired for it.

From a logistical stand point, the 7 Potters doesn't seem feasible without Radcliffe reprising his role. I would assume you are either being yourself, or take Polyjuice to be Harry without being able to see him. If the location is based on the French Ministry, I am guessing you are flying through it with the FB cast instead.

From a logistical stand point, the 7 Potters doesn't seem feasible without Radcliffe reprising his role. I would assume you are either being yourself, or take Polyjuice to be Harry without being able to see him. If the location is based on the French Ministry, I am guessing you are flying through it with the FB cast instead.

I assume that they have a fully modelled CGI Harry Potter from the movies and what was used in Gringott's. Radcliffe is probably the only actor they would struggle to get but he probably signed away his likeness for the franchise anyway. The rest are either struggling for work or are professional enough to take any job.

Reactions: Nico
Current real time computer graphics have got a huge boost at the end of last year. It's a generational leap. The demo below is played on a PlayStation 5. Imagine what real time computer graphics can do in a few years when this ride presumably is being released. Same goes for the screens in the VR set who will probably be able to handle something close to 4K.

Reactions: Suchomimus
I assume that they have a fully modelled CGI Harry Potter from the movies and what was used in Gringott's. Radcliffe is probably the only actor they would struggle to get but he probably signed away his likeness for the franchise anyway. The rest are either struggling for work or are professional enough to take any job.

This is true. Due to the nature of creating that original scene, they probably have a lot of footage they could splice together. They also could utilize the original voice actor of the character (a Phelps brother for example) since in the movie they retain their original voice. Worst case, Harry can be silent, and the rest of the characters, Moody, Hagrid, etc. can lead the exposition.

Reactions: Scott W.
With EU delayed, they have plenty of time for R&D.

With whom? Right now this is being cradled by long-time UC vets after the whole team was let go last summer. Pretty sure the Potter stuff (including VR) was all ThinkWell and they had huge layoffs right before then.

With whom? Right now this is being cradled by long-time UC vets after the whole team was let go last summer. Pretty sure the Potter stuff (including VR) was all ThinkWell and they had huge layoffs right before then.

I assume that some people will get their jobs back or there will be new employment. Do you think that things aren't going to change in the next 3 years?

Not to mention with VR, technology is always improving and a new generation of consoles (PS5 supports VR, Xbox rumoured to be coming) there will be more accumulated knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.