Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 263 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re right lol answers my question
I'm being silly

In my view, Universal's version of the Great Movie Ride would be constantly changing and feature films they can't necessarily make into a full ride

Then the other half of it would be permanent installations

So essentially, half of it classic dark ride and the other half totally projection mapped 'blackbox'-esque design

What are the chances of Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue making a grand return in UCM land?
Considering it's a 1980's Warner Bros film, I think there's a 0.01% chance it shows up in a Universal Classic Monsters themed land.
(*cough* Unless Universal classifies Beetlejuice as a “Classic Monster” for the purposes of categorization. *cough*)

I don’t think the Revue is coming back. But we don’t know what’s in the theater.

(*cough* Unless Universal classifies Beetlejuice as a “Classic Monster” for the purposes of categorization. *cough*)

Then you might as well put Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers in there too if classic 80s non-Universal owned horror IPs (that have appeared at Universal parks before) are to be included. And add Sonic, Crash Bandicoot, and Master Chief to the Nintendo land while you're at it. Beetlejuice showing back up at Studios would be great...but shoehorning him into a fully themed land wouldn't make sense. It would be like putting Merlin in Harry Potter land because it's "close enough" :) I also don't think resurrecting old rides/shows in a new park is a good look.

Considering it's a 1980's Warner Bros film, I think there's a 0.01% chance it shows up in a Universal Classic Monsters themed land.
Universal Classic Monsters starts with Dracula and Frankenstein films in 1931 and ends with Creature from the Black Lagoon series in the mid 1950s. Anything beyond that is disqualified.

(And yes, that means JAWS doesn't count either.)

Universal Classic Monsters starts with Dracula and Frankenstein films in 1931 and ends with Creature from the Black Lagoon series in the mid 1950s. Anything beyond that is disqualified.

Actually doesn't it start with Hunchback (1923) and include Phantom....I'm just saying they included those characters in the UCM houses....

The Lon Chaney HUNCHBACK and PHANTOM films were at one time considered part of the "Classic Monsters" canon (Phantom was the original framing device for the Horror Makeup Show).

But given that both films are in the public domain, Universal (in the last 30 years or so) has never really embraced them to the extent they do with the characters from the period starting with the Lugosi DRACULA. They tend to consider the Claude Rains 1943 PHANTOM to be "their" Classic Monsters version of the character; that's the movie that is always included in the various box sets, not the Chaney version.

I would include Phantom of the Opera (1925) and Hunchback (1923) should be an honorable mention :) for starting it all. Phantom fits the vibe of the UCM, the way hunchback just kind of doesn’t. Even though I believe they might be public domain, here in Hollywood they talk a lot about those two films as being the start of the Classic Monster era.

Reactions: belloq87
I would include Phantom of the Opera (1925) and Hunchback (1923) should be an honorable mention :) for starting it all. Phantom fits the vibe of the UCM, the way hunchback just kind of doesn’t. Even though I believe they might be public domain, here in Hollywood they talk a lot about those two films as being the start of the Classic Monster era.
I would too, BUT for the purposes of the land, Universal probably will not. That’s what I believe @Alicia is getting at.

The Universal Classic Monsters DVD sets seems to agree with this assessment as Hunchback is not included and while Phantom is, it is not the Chaney version.

Possible references in the land or to the actors are probably all we will get

Reactions: belloq87 and Alicia
I would too, BUT for the purposes of the land, Universal probably will not. That’s what I believe @Alicia is getting at.

The Universal Classic Monsters DVD sets seems to agree with this assessment as Hunchback is not included and while Phantom is, it is not the Chaney version.

Possible references in the land or to the actors are probably all we will get
Yea, they were originally included in the “Universal Monsters” DVD sets, but not lately.

Hunchback was featured in the latest HHN house though, so you never know. :shrug:

Now that we know what is possible with AR technology, seems like it’s a no brainer for a fantastic beasts dark ride regardless of the films relative success to the original series. The opportunity to bring the beasts to life seems too amazing. This also brings up interesting idea of AR fatigue. Will people have the same screens complaint?

Now that we know what is possible with AR technology, seems like it’s a no brainer for a fantastic beasts dark ride regardless of the films relative success to the original series. The opportunity to bring the beasts to life seems too amazing. This also brings up interesting idea of AR fatigue. Will people have the same screens complaint?
I think one AR attraction and one VR attraction in the park is enough.

I'd much rather have animatronic beasts, and lots of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.