Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 264 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AR and VR would lend themselves to certain environments better than others, a video game yes, a creature that is supposed to be alive (real) not so much. If they really want to showcase Fantastic Beasts well, a dark ride trip through Newts case with tons of AA's is the best option imo. Nothing really thrilling about the ride, just wonder and excitement at the beasts, their pens, the different smells of where the "pens" are located (Im thinking unique et smells for each location!), maybe your vehicle gets bumped by something or you have to hurry up to get out of the way from being stepped on, but a nice classic dark ride would do well here and feel "magical"

I feel AR and VR burnout would be very quick, much more so than screenz.

Reactions: belloq87
Bleh, VR is so uninteresting to me

The problem I see with VR, in a theme park, is how compelling of an experience it can deliver over the home units. By the time Epic opens, visitors who don't own a headset probably know someone who does and have the opportunity to experience VR when time is less limited. Thus will a sub-five minute attraction draw visitors when they've already taken part in the gimmick elsewhere or can? And how interesting will a solitary attraction be when traveling with a group?

The problem I see with VR, in a theme park, is how compelling of an experience it can deliver over the home units. By the time Epic opens, visitors who don't own a headset probably know someone who does and have the opportunity to experience VR when time is less limited. Thus will a sub-five minute attraction draw visitors when they've already taken part in the gimmick elsewhere or can? And how interesting will a solitary attraction be when traveling with a group?

It depends on how they immerse you with that of the headsets, but also of effects that happen to your body.

VOID, while using VR as a primarily, has effects that enhance the experience. I think it's done by a vest strap, the last time I recall. It could be possible that they opt in a similar field as to that, but in a stationary manner.

Reactions: RevFreako
Whoa what if they keep the middle of the park open for everyone and you show your ticket like you do for the HE going park to park to enter each land?!?!?
tumblr_mu8rfaLf7g1rioo2yo1_400.gif

Whoa what if they keep the middle of the park open for everyone and you show your ticket like you do for the HE going park to park to enter each land?!?!?
tumblr_mu8rfaLf7g1rioo2yo1_400.gif
That was the original plan. (Although, it would’ve utilized facial recognition technology as your entry into each land rather than scanning a ticket every time.)

However, it is widely accepted that they have likely dropped that plan for a more traditional approach to the park and not leaving the hub open all day.

In the past I’ve postulated that it could be some combination of an open hub and closed park, where perhaps the hub stays open longer than the lands, and becomes a CityWalk type environment after a certain time each day so outsiders can visit for dinner.

Given how each land has only one way in and out it’s easier for the park to close the lands earlier than the hub, forcing all park guests into the middle where they can stay to eat dinner or shop while waiting for the evening fireworks show. In this instance, you wouldn’t necessarily have to even allow non-park guests into the hub at any time, but still be able to utilize the unique shape of the hub to your advantage.

Reactions: HandsomePete
In the past I’ve postulated that it could be some combination of an open hub and closed park, where perhaps the hub stays open longer than the lands, and becomes a CityWalk type environment after a certain time each day so outsiders can visit for dinner.

Given how each land has only one way in and out it’s easier for the park to close the lands earlier than the hub, forcing all park guests into the middle where they can stay to eat dinner or shop while waiting for the evening fireworks show. In this instance, you wouldn’t necessarily have to even allow non-park guests into the hub at any time, but still be able to utilize the unique shape of the hub to your advantage.
This would be a great idea.

If you were to ask me if building a mini-CityWalk outside EU a la the main property made any sense, the answer to that would be no. But if you could could fix the inherent issues - most notably its underutilization during the day - by folding it "into" the park so it's daytime dining capacity for parkgoers and open to the public in the evening, that would be a cool concept.

Just tossing some fun blue sky thoughts into the air but with the Classic Monsters area planned for Epic Universe, do you think there is any potential at all of building a 2021 version of the indoor coaster in the new area? They already had an inclusive all-monsters attraction based in Frankenstein Castle planned as the mainstay of the area and a rumored Phase 2 Creature of the Black Lagoon next gen water ride behind it, but do you think they could transplant the coaster onto one of the expansion plots next to the land on a smaller plot?

Mummy is one of the best rides in USF and I’d say one of the best overall indoor coasters in the world perfectly combing uniqueness, an IP, theming, story and thrill all in one. Especially with all the new updates, you can see that a little love goes a long way. By transplanting it or making a new high tech version of the ride instead of the 2004 version and being able to design the Revenge of the Mummy in its classic horror roots changing from the “movie set” theme, I think it could round out the land to be one of the best Universal has ever produced.

Now all the Classic monsters live together!
But you are probably thinking of replacements right for the old Mummy building? Well one New York based property could make its way back into the park, especially after the proven popularity of its showcase at HHN 29: Ghostbusters!! Now you keep it simple and pull a Jimmy Neutron/Minions or BTTF/Simpsons and overlay the current ride with a new theme of Ghostbusters!

Restructure the Museum of Antiques facade with the New York Library and Sahara Traders with the FireStation (kinda already have similar shapes anyways), repaint/reskin the old New York library facade and firehouse to you guessed it, a generic museum of antiques, and you’re set!
The Roblox server of Universal has a fantastic name already called Ghostbusters: Paranormal Pursuit they could try to get, keep the same roller coaster concept, change out the mummy vehicle to a newly imagined Ecto-4 (4 rows), either Stay Puft can be the big bad, Slimer, or a new baddy, change out animations to be ghouls, change the LED/black light mummy spirits to ghosts and ghouls, you enter the car either on “the back alley of the Library “or “a New York side street” and now you are on a chase alongside the Ghostbusters to catch all the ghosts terrorizing New York City before they take over!

And the gift shop is the firehouse (which we all know now they can build to a tee) and you can place a replica Ecto-1 in the middle of the the store for photos!

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas! Not saying this will or should happen but just an interesting thing they have the opportunity to do. Fan fav thrill ride stays with a retheme with a beloved property and another beloved property gets an updated even more awesome ride right next to all his other monster friends haha

And there can be Brendan Fraser Easter eggs galore lol

Just tossing some fun blue sky thoughts into the air but with the Classic Monsters area planned for Epic Universe, do you think there is any potential at all of building a 2021 version of the indoor coaster in the new area? They already had an inclusive all-monsters attraction based in Frankenstein Castle planned as the mainstay of the area and a rumored Phase 2 Creature of the Black Lagoon next gen water ride behind it, but do you think they could transplant the coaster onto one of the expansion plots next to the land on a smaller plot?

Mummy is one of the best rides in USF and I’d say one of the best overall indoor coasters in the world perfectly combing uniqueness, an IP, theming, story and thrill all in one. Especially with all the new updates, you can see that a little love goes a long way. By transplanting it or making a new high tech version of the ride instead of the 2004 version and being able to design the Revenge of the Mummy in its classic horror roots changing from the “movie set” theme, I think it could round out the land to be one of the best Universal has ever produced.

But you are probably thinking of replacements right for the old Mummy building? Well one New York based property could make its way back into the park, especially after the proven popularity of its showcase at HHN 29: Ghostbusters!! Now you keep it simple and pull a Jimmy Neutron/Minions or BTTF/Simpsons and overlay the current ride with a new theme of Ghostbusters!

Restructure the Museum of Antiques facade with the New York Library and Sahara Traders with the FireStation (kinda already have similar shapes anyways), repaint/reskin the old New York library facade and firehouse to you guessed it, a generic museum of antiques, and you’re set!
The Roblox server of Universal has a fantastic name already called Ghostbusters: Paranormal Pursuit they could try to get, keep the same roller coaster concept, change out the mummy vehicle to a newly imagined Ecto-4 (4 rows), either Stay Puft can be the big bad, Slimer, or a new baddy, change out animations to be ghouls, change the LED/black light mummy spirits to ghosts and ghouls, you enter the car either on “the back alley of the Library “or “a New York side street” and now you are on a chase alongside the Ghostbusters to catch all the ghosts terrorizing New York City before they take over!

And the gift shop is the firehouse (which we all know now they can build to a tee) and you can place a replica Ecto-1 in the middle of the the store for photos!

Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas! Not saying this will or should happen but just an interesting thing they have the opportunity to do. Fan fav thrill ride stays with a retheme with a beloved property and another beloved property gets an updated even more awesome ride right next to all his other monster friends haha

My wish for that area would be an AE-style show instead of a robot arm ride (not going to happen, I know). It would be an easy way to save money and avoid making FJ obsolete.

As a Ghosthead, I'd love to see the brand return to the park as an attraction (when the house was announced for HHN 29 it was literally a 'well, guess I have to go now' situation). The problem I see is it still being relevant enough to justify taking up space in the park. A fun nostalgia house is one thing but a semi-permanent (because rarely are they permanent) attraction is a huge leap. It would take the new film being really great to really make the brand a zenith again (and as much as I personally love GB and expect good things from Afterlife, I don't think that'll happen).

That said, putting the branding on a proven ride could be an acceptable workaround. As long as the ride is excellent, it doesn't matter as much if it's an IP, an original or even has a solid story behind it. So putting the branding behind a ride as beloved as The Mummy could work.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
As a Ghosthead, I'd love to see the brand return to the park as an attraction (when the house was announced for HHN 29 it was literally a 'well, guess I have to go now' situation). The problem I see is it still being relevant enough to justify taking up space in the park. A fun nostalgia house is one thing but a semi-permanent (because rarely are they permanent) attraction is a huge leap. It would take the new film being really great to really make the brand a zenith again (and as much as I personally love GB and expect good things from Afterlife, I don't think that'll happen).

That said, putting the branding on a proven ride could be an acceptable workaround. As long as the ride is excellent, it doesn't matter as much if it's an IP, an original or even has a solid story behind it. So putting the branding behind a ride as beloved as The Mummy could work.

Glad someone else thinks Afterlife looks bad. From what I can tell 75% of the reason people like it is because it takes a shot at the female version.

Glad someone else thinks Afterlife looks bad. From what I can tell 75% of the reason people like it is because it takes a shot at the female version.

On the contrary, I don't think Afterlife looks bad at all. I am an unabashed Ghosthead so there's little doubt in my mind that I'm going to love it barring a catastrophic misfire (especially since all signs are pointing towards plenty of nostalgia that's probably going to make me tear up like a little kid). I appreciate the new dynamics revealed so far and am really curious to where the story is going to take us. I find Answer the Call to be a fine film but there is a great movie buried within just an average one. It just feels hastily and carelessly made for the most part. Don't hate it and I'm fine with it belonging under the logo.

I was more so commenting on what I think the general consensus of the film will be: it'll be received well but won't be revered as an Earth shattering film. People won't be running amok up in arms about how awful it is but it isn't going to return the brand to a pop culture phenom again, justifying theme park attractions.

I hope it’s mostly the same still, I can see shows maybe being cut if the standard for shows is more unclear moving forward rather than attractions, plus it makes it cheaper. I just hope designs are relatively the same or even improved!

Honestly just glad this thread now has legit life again.

Status
Not open for further replies.