Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 275 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after the trademark of ‘Universal’s Helios Grand Hotel’. Does this sort of confirm that the hub of epic universe being celestial themed? I thought there was rumour of a flat ride being themed to star signs or constellations that was inside of the glass dome in EU. Very excited for what’s to come.

So, after the trademark of ‘Universal’s Helios Grand Hotel’. Does this sort of confirm that the hub of epic universe being celestial themed? I thought there was rumour of a flat ride being themed to star signs or constellations that was inside of the glass dome in EU. Very excited for what’s to come.
Celestial + elemental = Epic's hub

very cool, also wonder if they’ll do an IOA level of music and soundtrack for the hub and park.
Thinking on this, I wonder what kind of soundtracks the hub will utilize and if they'll approach William Kid again.

Personally I think Chris Tilton could do something fun...He did the SimCity 2013 Soundtrack

I'd honestly wouldn't mind Bear, though a part of me wonders if Tom Holkenborg may actually be on their radar more than Bear for original music for the entrance and main hub land.

I think the issue with Junkie XL is while he is good, I don't think many people get a visceral reaction from his scores compared to others. I will state if Universal managed to get Joe Hisashi to compose music for the entrance and hub...it would easily be my favorite theme park music of all time and the biggest shock.

Reactions: jseal777
Since it's unlikely Disney will be needing truly original, from-scratch music in their parks any time soon, Universal should steal Bruce Broughton away from them. All of his attraction scores are excellent, and something like his Spaceship Earth music would probably fit perfectly for what we know about this park's entrance and hub.

While we need to see the final plans of course, based on what was rumored before, it’s wild that really the only thing missing in this park is a water ride, which is rumored to be coming at some point anyways. I don’t really count the water shooting one as I may do it but that seems very kid centric so I think it’s hard to count that one for the masses. Granted, a Creature ride isn’t going to be for kids but adds to the balance in this park, adult boat ride and kids boat ride.
I was just looking at the concept art yesterday, I’m hoping most things weren’t cut especially the shows. The shows in each land minus SNW could possibly really extend your Epic Universe time/days.

When I think of music for EU I feel it would be slow, yet dramatic, chilling, yet enchanting.
Also, I really want to start normalizing vocals in theme park music as it can bring the correct atmosphere to 11, and for where ever it doesn't fit just use the instrumental version of the song.

This song is from a Tetris game (that heavily revolves around music) screams EU for me for some reason, it is almost indescribable and I could see the style being replicated for marketing.

When I think of music for EU I feel it would be slow, yet dramatic, chilling, yet enchanting.
Also, I really want to start normalizing vocals in theme park music as it can bring the correct atmosphere to 11, and for where ever it doesn't fit just use the instrumental version of the song.

This song is from a Tetris game (that heavily revolves around music) screams EU for me for some reason, it is almost indescribable and I could see the style being replicated for marketing.

The problem with lyrics are known but I like the method Lost Continent and Tapestry use: harmonious gibberish.

The problem with lyrics are known but I like the method Lost Continent and Tapestry use: harmonious gibberish.
Agreed, music is very situational so you got to really figure out the feel you want for a specific ride/attraction/ hub (I guess?)

Hold up, Original music for the Hub would be interesting....

If anything would get the vocal theme--part of me would assume that honor would go for the nighttime show that EU would have.

That said, if they did do a main theme that has vocals; part of the only way that I could see it work, is if it has more than just English. Connect it with other languages common and usually seen from others who visit the parks often as tourists or locals. That's my thoughts on the matter.

Hold up, Original music for the Hub would be interesting....

I do think no matter what, the hub will get original music. The question is if they'd go with the same people involved with Cinematic Celebration or if they'd get a more prolific composer to write a selection of music that can be played all throughout the Hub

I think outside the park right before you enter will get a theme but once you enter, since it seems the hub is based on the five classic elements: Earth/ground, Water, Air/wind, Fire/Sun, and Aether/Space/Void, each element may have its own unique distinctive theme.

I'm very curious how Earth will be represented since a huge portion seems dedicated to Space.

I'm still confident the hub will be CityWalk for this resort and open to the public after a certain time. Currently CityWalk is dead space until about 4pm and only kicks in high gear at 8pm. The separate lands (worlds) can be rented out for after hour event and all the space will be used all the time. It would be a much better use of their land.
When they want another park they could mirror it and have one huge hub with additional lands (worlds) but giving the whole thing another theme.

While, the idea is fine, I think the practicality of it doesn't work.

Having to show your ticket to enter each land or any of the hub rides will become a pain real quick.

After 4pm is peak CItyWalk hours but if the park is planning on having any type of night time show or firework display, they would be giving it away for free to anybody who wants to show up and crowds are going to be a nightmare.

While, the idea is fine, I think the practicality of it doesn't work.

Having to show your ticket to enter each land or any of the hub rides will become a pain real quick.

After 4pm is peak CItyWalk hours but if the park is planning on having any type of night time show or firework display, they would be giving it away for free to anybody who wants to show up and crowds are going to be a nightmare.
CityWalk is indeed getting more traffic as people are leaving the park to have a better meal (like I do) or eat before they leave. I bet 95% are park guests who start to use CityWalk. Well now HubWorld is open all day and can be visited by park guests with no problem. I expect the hub to open after 8 or 9pm for general public. So after a nighttime firework. Most people in the park will want to go to their hotel or home, the once who want to have dinner will have had the time to reserve a seat during the day and people from outside can visit if they want (but they have to pay for parking). After hour events will be open for guests who have the right ticket for that particular "world".

CityWalk is indeed getting more traffic as people are leaving the park to have a better meal (like I do) or eat before they leave. I bet 95% are park guests who start to use CityWalk. Well now HubWorld is open all day and can be visited by park guests with no problem. I expect the hub to open after 8 or 9pm for general public. So after a nighttime firework. Most people in the park will want to go to their hotel or home, the once who want to have dinner will have had the time to reserve a seat during the day and people from outside can visit if they want (but they have to pay for parking). After hour events will be open for guests who have the right ticket for that particular "world".

They can always try it and see how it goes but I just can't see it.

I think it will be inevitable that they open a new CityWalk and if they open a 4th dry park, it will be a similar set up to the current resort. My question becomes, if you're a hotel guest (At the hotel in the concept art), will you be able to walk through the park when it's closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.