Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 358 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just gonna post to remind everyone that, a Luigi's Mansion based dark ride would be super beneficial to Universal to rival against The Haunted Mansion at Disney.
Because Universal doesn't have any creepy "horror" rides.
Give me a slow mover ride through the fancy ghostly mansion where you can see the residents disappear and re appear around and watch Luigi suck them up!
While huming the theme!
I disagree with you on this. I feel like if Universal were to build a dark ride omnimover based off Luigi's Mansion it would just be seen as a copy/knock-off of Haunted Mansion by most, and in a way it would be. And we'll be getting the Universal Monsters land to fill the horror genre anyways

pretty sure both are Fox (so now Disney) unfortunately. I wish we got a Futurama ride, that could be great

good news for you, Fantastic Beasts has been rumored to be reconsidered and they don't seem to be going with that anymore

Oh that's right. I did think about who owns Fox and wondered..
Maybe when Simpsons ride has ran it's course, they can refurbish to Futurama?
I mean it makes way more sense than Simpsons!
We could ride the Planet Express ship
Explore space, crash into the New York buried under New New York, get chased by MOM's robots, chase after Zapp Brannigan. Endless possibilities with that ride features to be honest..

I disagree with you on this. I feel like if Universal were to build a dark ride omnimover based off Luigi's Mansion it would just be seen as a copy/knock-off of Haunted Mansion by most, and in a way it would be. And we'll be getting the Universal Monsters land to fill the horror genre anyways

How dare you disagree with me with such well stated opinions and kind demeanor!

Explore space, crash into the New York buried under New New York, get chased by MOM's robots, chase after Zapp Brannigan. Endless possibilities with that ride features to be honest..
same issue as Simpsons though, Disney's control. I imagine when Simpsons goes they wouldn't want to replace it with another Disney IP. Again though, I'd love to see a Futurama ride. Just don't think it's gonna happen

same issue as Simpsons though, Disney's control. I imagine when Simpsons goes they wouldn't want to replace it with another Disney IP. Again though, I'd love to see a Futurama ride. Just don't think it's gonna happen

Yeah, agreed.
I've been trying to think of what good ideas for single attractions that aren't apart of a established themed land.

As long as they dump the ride system.....

The "right" way to the the HP ride is multiple floors and shafts. Get in the elevator, go sideways, stop, go backwards into a shaft. Go up a floor or two, move out of the shaft, go sideways a couple times, back into the shaft, drop down a floor, repeat for 4-5 minutes. There can be show scenes at different offices(Yaxley's raining office to get the water effect, department of mysteries, maybe the courtroom). Projection or practical sets can work. I don't know how else you can sell the elevator going up and down that's believable without it actually going up and down. Screens with shaker trays to simulate moving up and down would be.....

Ready Player One?
Lord of the Rings?
Optimism?

Is it 2019 again?
Until LotR actually happens (which could be never), there will always be rumors/people wanting it coming to Universal. Always and forever.

I'm more surprised Universal isn't trying to get ready player one theme park rights since metaverse is so hot these days.
And yet Ready Player One isn’t hot itself and the Metaverse kind of isn't even a real thing. It's being propped up so companies can make it a thing. Free Guy and did RP1 way better than RP1, anyway. I'm not sure if you guys remember, but RP1 wasn't all that good of a movie, nor was the world all that captivating.

Last edited:
My money is on the new Potter Mega-E Ticket being amazing.

@Alicia is it possible that it's 2 floors with an elevator like Transformers?
We talked about it on the podcast, but essentially yes it could be like Triansformers, except you know you’re going up and down, whereas on Transformers they hide that.

If it's just projections, then wouldn't that make it just a glorified Simpsons? If it's rotating practical sets, then oh yes, it could be something special.
The patent talks about possibly changing physical sets in one room, completely changing the way it looks before you come back to it. It also mentions possible projections used between rooms or for characters in scenes. The point of the patent was you go back and forth, up and down and back, over and over, but it looks like you’re visiting different rooms every time! Which is kind of neat.

Its a patent for a concept though, and doesn’t illustrate the full scope of an attraction.

Until LotR actually happens (which could be never), there will always be rumors/people wanting it coming to Universal. Always and forever.

And yet Ready Player One isn’t hot itself and the Metaverse kind of isn't even a real thing. It's being propped up so companies can make it a thing. Free Guy and did RP1 way better than RP1, anyway. I'm not sure if you guys remember, but RP1 wasn't all that good of a movie, nor was the world all that captivating.

It will guaranteed be mentioned when rumours start for the 4th gate. More so if the Amazon show is a success.

I was being sarcastic mainly because everyone is getting into the metaverse these days including disney.

Yes the film isn't that good but its a good catch all IP to fit IPs that don't fit or big enough for a land but gives it a land to surround it.

Last edited:
I was being sarcastic mainly because everyone is getting into the metaverse these days including disney.

Yes the film isn't that good but its a good catch all IP to fit IPs that don't fit or big enough for a land but gives it a land to surround it.
Even if they did want it, the licensing costs would be ridiculous because they aren't just paying for RP1, they would have to pay to use all the other IP's that show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.