Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 396 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Universal and Disney have libraries full of stuff they've "developed" that was never actually built

Last I heard any LOTR plans were slated for EU. Now, IF they had any said rights, well, we don't know yet. I fully believe that SC has good info on this and either there is new movement on this to make it a reality or they're reporting what we already know. Remember, we laughed off their escape room stuff too....

Last I heard any LOTR plans were slated for EU. Now, IF they had any said rights, well, we don't know yet. I fully believe that SC has good info on this and either there is new movement on this to make it a reality or they're reporting what we already know. Remember, we laughed off their escape room stuff too....
Oh I have NO doubt that there is a LOTR land ready to plug and play somewhere at the resort

The question is, does it go the way of SNW where it gets bounced around from park to park and eventually built or the way of Ice Age Land where it's just a relic of design history

I do take the "where there's smoke" approach to theme park rumors, they typically don't apparate out of nowhere

This. I will believe when I see.
If you've ever seen the movie The Pagemaster, it's like that

Last edited:
Once again, I think it's *extremely* telling that virtually none of the properties people wish for at Universal are modern-day Universal properties. Which is a bit disappointing.
My experience is people don't know what they want until you give it to them

Honestly Universal didn't have an option back in the day

I think Comcast is much more aggressive on their in-house property integration

I wouldn't be surprised if USF looks very different in a decade

Oh I have NO doubt that there is a LOTR land ready to plug and play somewhere at the resort

The question is, does it go the way of SNW where it gets bounced around from park to park and eventually built or the way of Ice Age Land where it's just a relic of design history

I do take the "where there's smoke" approach to theme park rumors, they typically don't apparate out of nowhere

If you've ever seen the movie The Pagemaster, it's like that
I could see them putting together fleshed out concepts for a pitch to the rights holders. Maybe not full ride concepts but more of a "let us show you what we can do with your baby" presentation to help grease the wheels. With a property like LotR they can point to what they did with Potter and assure that they can give this IP the same care.

Reactions: shiekra38
I'm curious how they would be able to do it when it will have been 30 years since the actors filmed those movies (sorry guys we're old)

Would it really be based on that iteration of LOTR? Or would it just be an original take on the books? Or even worse, could it be tied to Amazon's series (bleh)?

Either way, I wonder how it would work with Tolkien's works sitting in the same park as Potter. Too redundant to the average person? Is there enough space to do LOTR justice?

Reactions: JoeCamel
I'm curious how they would be able to do it when it will have been 30 years since the actors filmed those movies (sorry guys we're old)

They probably wouldn't use the original actors. Or if they did, it would be just be using their voices. I'm guessing it would be rides/lands set in the recognizable areas of middle earth. A battle against/escape from Sauron and the Nazgul wouldn't need any original actors anyway. Sprinkle in some random elves, dwarves, and hobbits, and it's all good.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I want to believe Middle Earth will come to Universal.
A while back one of the "obstacles" deceased and there is quite a few new development for the Middle Earth franchise in gaming and television so I guess the floodgate has opened.
I'm sure Uni will want to go with the Peter Jackson movies but keep the door open for other iterations.
Actors are mostly alive and I can see actors like Ian McKellen reprise their roles although I'm sure they will be underused to make way for you own unique adventure in the well know world of Middle Earth (like Potter).

So this is a dumb thought; but If LoTR is more accessible (especially with the Estate opening up to more projects like Gollum, LOTR Amazon and WBA's Rohan project), and the parks go for it..

The Shire feels like the best option to test a Galactic Starcruiser like concept, right? Feels like they could do something really simple but great with it.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
completely the wrong park
Will they ever use the space behind Simpsons/Kidzone for a land/major attraction? I know some is for HHN. It would work there and be away from everything to make it immersive.

Pokémon needs to go to USF, not EU.

Will they ever use the space behind Simpsons/Kidzone for a land/major attraction? I know some is for HHN. It would work there and be away from everything to make it immersive.

Pokémon needs to go to USF, not EU.

I think the closest “Kidzone” type land in EU is HTTYD, and even that is just a more healthy balance of family offerings. I hope Comcast utilizes that concept, and ties it into studio’s city theme. The right side of the park is such a huge opportunity for Comcast. Ton of available land that can really help transform the park and solidify whatever they view as Studio’s identity. Anyway, we should probably take this convo to the Future of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.