Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 394 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as it stands all the table service restaurants are in the hub? No lands will have table service?
How to Train Your Dragon’s Great Hall is a full service restaurant. (Not sure if buffet or table, but definitely not quick service.)

The rest probably, yes.

There are also several quick service locations in the hub as well, so it’s pretty much 50/50 in the hub. But only one in the lands. (This perhaps goes along with my theory that the lands may close earlier than the hub, as that’s where most of the better dinner dining locations will be.)
Toad's Cafe also has table service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico
I didn't say they couldn't do it. Just that it wouldn't be as easy. But I could just be naive as to wanting to meet the expectations of first time guests to a brand new park.

Toad's Cafe also has table service.
I don’t think that’s right. It’s a counter service where you order at the register first, and then sit and they bring you your food maybe, but they don’t have servers taking your order at the table, do they?

I thought it was more like Leaky Cauldron. Same as the Monsters main quick service too, has a queue to place your order at the counter, and then you are seated.

I don’t think that’s right. It’s a counter service where you order at the register first, and then sit and they bring you your food maybe, but they don’t have servers taking your order at the table, do they?

I thought it was more like Leaky Cauldron. Same as the Monsters main quick service too, has a queue to place your order at the counter, and then you are seated.
Pretty sure its more like leaky cauldron judging from the videos I've seen on it. It gets quite a long queue like cauldron also though sadly.

Do corporate clients even know enough about theme parks to care whether they get USF for a night over EU?

They'll ask for the park with Nintendo stuff. The majority of people can't tell the difference between parks, but they'll definitely know the headliners at each which is enough for them to ask for one or the other. There's too much money to be made from exclusive parties at SNW.

If I were Universal, I would keep corporate events at USF, nothing at IOA, and land-specific parties for Epic Universe. The land that doesn't get utilized that night I would offer it to hotel guests as their version of extra magic hours in the evenings.

USF as it currently stands (on non-event days) can barely hold guests till 9PM for Cinematic.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
A LOTR land would have to be done without the major characters. Would fans be ok with that?

My idea would be a Mack Powered Invert, themed as an eagle's claw. Enter through Bag End, transition into and load in the woods like ET, fly over mini replicas of various Middle Earth locations to the tune of Howard Shore's beautiful soundtrack. Final scene would be a screen of the map taking you back to the Shire, etc. But again, would an area with no major characters (except maybe M&Gs?) really make fans happy?

(I think it's extremely telling--in the aftermath of JW3 being so badly received--that recent Uni properties are almost never on people's wishlists.)
I think in the end what matters most is that the land and its rides are immersive enough, which Universal proved it can do, especially with HP imo. Even with the issue of lack of major characters--which would definitely be tricky--as long as the "world" is detailed and impressively done, many fans would be happy.

Definitely a great ride idea right there.

I'm already thinking of the merch possibilities for Middle Earth. Need to not get my hopes up.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I think Dune has the potential to be the next “big franchise” I will admit I have not read the books and have only seen the recent movie, but from what I know it could be a great large scale land with the ships, etc, or maybe just a one off E Ticket.

Reactions: Grabnar
If we are dreaming up LotR rides.

1. Khazad Dum dark ride coaster (Mummy variant)

2. "Ride of the Rohirrim" where you have a VR headset and are sitting on a horse replica as you charge around the battlefield of Pelennor Fields (extra points for a VR sword)

3. Boat ride down the river Anduin as you are chased from the shoreline by Uruk-hai. Starting at the home of the elves and ending as you ride past the the huge statues.

I think Dune has the potential to be the next “big franchise” I will admit I have not read the books and have only seen the recent movie, but from what I know it could be a great large scale land with the ships, etc, or maybe just a one off E Ticket.
I really want a good coherent sci-fi land in a major theme park (sorry Galaxy's Edge).

Dune would be great. If the property was still at all relevant Firefly/Serenity has a lot to pull from. I'd even be interested in seeing what a team could do with Doctor Who.

I really want a good coherent sci-fi land in a major theme park (sorry Galaxy's Edge).

Dune would be great. If the property was still at all relevant Firefly/Serenity has a lot to pull from. I'd even be interested in seeing what a team could do with Doctor Who.
Could you see the entrance to the ride? Jump into the sandworm's mouth?

Is it possible different worlds open and close at different times? Monsters and Wizarding World (especially WW set in Paris) seem like two that would hold much more interest after sundown than Pokemon and HTTYD.

Is it possible different worlds open and close at different times? Monsters and Wizarding World (especially WW set in Paris) seem like two that would hold much more interest after sundown than Pokemon and HTTYD.
It’s possible, but unless it’s some type of hotel only access, I think it leads to more guest experience issues than it’s worth. People expect everything to be open during the park hours, opening later is acceptable, but closing early is not. It’s just the culture we are in. That said I do think there is possibly to do an after hours type event for hotel guests only. Similar to what Disney has started doing again for deluxe resort guests, and for those events the majority of rides are open but not all of them are.

Status
Not open for further replies.