Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 467 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where it could be located? The most likely spots are probably the legacy store in CityWalk or the New York or Hollywood tribute store spaces in USF. I don't think it would be in IoA.

Wonder where it could be located? The most likely spots are probably the legacy store in CityWalk or the New York or Hollywood tribute store spaces in USF. I don't think it would be in IoA.
Or in F&F building. It would get more traffic and excitement if they put all their maquette's, art work and pre-merch in there.

If they want the most people to see it, Legacy Store feels like the best option. Plus an announcement video on Peacock.

Putting all those props and models back into storage to collect dust would be unfortunate.

Consequently, I'd prefer they use another space for a hypothetical preview center.

Last edited:
Reactions: Casper Gutman
I don't see the need for a preview center? You can just do all that stuff online. I'd rather see that space used for something else tbh.
People who aren’t searching for it don’t know Epic Universe is coming. Showing them there’s a reason to look forward to returning to the Resort while already on vacation here is effective for targeting your core audience: people you know visit Universal parks, because they’re at one.

People who aren’t searching for it don’t know Epic Universe is coming. Showing them there’s a reason to look forward to returning to the Resort while already on vacation here is effective for targeting your core audience: people you know visit Universal parks, because they’re at one.
Wouldn't advertisements do the same thing? Billboards and posters and such, spread throughout the parks. A preview center just takes up valuable space.

I don't see the need for a preview center? You can just do all that stuff online. I'd rather see that space used for something else tbh.

I don't think a huge elaborate walk-through exhibit is necessary, but an "Epic Preview" could pair nicely with an online component. If I was designing the preview center it'd replace the legacy store and break it into lands with merch, concept art, and models. Middle of the store is the park model with digital elements all around. Incorporate some AR stuff for lighting, fireworks, characters, animations, etc on the model. Think next-gen Epcot preview thing. Then this store version would tie into an online component, and vice versa, with more information, booking links, etc.

I'm also a proponent of Universal opening something at MCO that promotes the park, sorta like the giant sand dial for IoA.

EyEbjRVVcAIkEkJ.jpg

Putting all those props and models back into storage to collect dust would be a unfortunate.

Consequently, I'd prefer they use another space for a hypothetical preview center.

Understood. So where would you put it?

Ultimately, people will figure out Super Nintendo World is there and that’s all the marketing they really need.

I suspect a major super bowl ad with Mario, Dolores Umbridge, Toothless and Hiccup, and whatever collection of Monsters they decide to market with.

Wouldn't advertisements do the same thing? Billboards and posters and such, spread throughout the parks. A preview center just takes up valuable space.
It's a "yes and" situation

The Preview Center will be a part of the overall advertising/marketing plan for Epic

You want to say it so many times that even Jimbo that doesn't know a thing about theme parks hears about it

Reactions: Jake S
Ultimately, people will figure out Super Nintendo World is there and that’s all the marketing they really need.

I suspect a major super bowl ad with Mario, Dolores Umbridge, Toothless and Hiccup, and whatever collection of Monsters they decide to market with.
I’m sure that may be a component of it. But that’s a pretty old school method of marketing. I still remember a time before Super Bowl commercials and trailers were more popularly disseminated online. We’re in the age of algoritithms and influencers. We’re definitely going to see a targeted approach, both online, and hopefully in person.

I’m sure that may be a component of it. But that’s a pretty old school method of marketing. I still remember a time before Super Bowl commercials and trailers were more popularly disseminated online. We’re in the age of algoritithms and influencers. We’re definitely going to see a targeted approach, both online, and hopefully in person.
Oh ya Super Bowl is just part of it. I suspect vast majority of this will be done online or in media form.

The most I expect in person is a larger, and longer running, tribute store with merch, meet n greets with characters, and some new food options. Probably some concept art on the walls too.

It’s the same reason you promote DVC in the parks and every hotel to people on vacation, no one is more ready to be thinking about planning another vacation than people already on vacation. It’s your prime marketing target.

There’s a thousand car commercials on during every show I watch on TV, but I just ignore them, until I need a car.

And just cause the internet has made marketing easier, doesn’t mean old school techniques aren’t effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.