Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 480 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An IoA-level soundtrack for this park would be absolutely incredible.

While we’re at it though, can we get David Wise to compose some music for the Donkey Kong Area? He did music for the last DKC game, so it’s entirely possible.

For those unfamiliar, the Donkey Kong Country games have some of the best video game soundtracks out there:

An IoA-level soundtrack for this park would be absolutely incredible.

While we’re at it though, can we get David Wise to compose some music for the Donkey Kong Area? He did music for the last DKC game, so it’s entirely possible.

For those unfamiliar, the Donkey Kong Country games have some of the best video game soundtracks out there:

If the area music for Donkey Kong is anything like the rest of Super Nintendo World, it's really gonna be phenomenal. Hopefully we see music from throughout the whole series, the older and the newer games.

The Elfman news is spectacular. Now if only the seats on the Kunka ride are a bit more forgiving of different body shapes...

I wonder if Universal wishes they had left more room to expand Mario? I believe there's an expansion plot nearby, but it seems like Mario's continued filmic success might justify near-Potter style growth. Instead of Zelda, perhaps Lost Continent should have become a larger, standalone DKC. If there isn't a Luigi's Mansion ride pretty far along in the development process, Universal's missing a beat.

Reactions: RFRees
Okay, getting Danny Elfman to compose custom music for the Monsters land would be incredibly cool.

Let's hope that's what that means!

Maybe there will be different music for daytime and nighttime?

Monsters land is easily number one on my hype list.

Getting Elfman to compose original music for this park is a major coup and very exciting. His music just transports you to new worlds....it's going to be awesome!

Despite being based on well known IPs....Monsters land will be an "original" in many regards.....so rare for new lands in theme parks these days.

Despite being based on well known IPs....Monsters land will be an "original" in many regards.....so rare for new lands in theme parks these days.
This aspect actually remind me of Galaxy’s Edge, a new location based off existing characters and motifs.

The difference (and benefit) though is that Monsters doesn’t already have as iconic locations that most people would rather visit than somewhere new, and Universal is deciding to use the Monsters everyone knows and loves instead of… Dracula’s son and the Wolfman’s great nephew?

The difference (and benefit) though is that Monsters doesn’t already have as iconic locations that most people would rather visit than somewhere new
In fairness, the entry staircase at Castle Dracula in DRACULA and Frankenstein's lab from FRANKENSTEIN/BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN are obvious locations to build for people who've seen the movies.

We're certainly not getting the former, but hopefully the latter still makes an appearance. It's the archetypal mad scientist laboratory.

In fairness, the entry staircase at Castle Dracula in DRACULA and Frankenstein's lab from FRANKENSTEIN/BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN are obvious locations to build for people who've seen the movies.

We're certainly not getting the former, but hopefully the latter still makes an appearance. It's the archetypal mad scientist laboratory.
I definitely think the lab will be making an appearance. The Dracula staircase is cool, but there’s not much that happens there besides like, the first scene in the film. I’d definitely prefer a recreation of the lab, which has much more history within the films.

Reactions: belloq87

I do think it would've made the most sense to set it in Frankenstein's Village--no reason the other monsters couldn't have been transported there, right?

I'm still psyched for the back two lands of the park, though.

Getting Elfman to compose original music for this park is a major coup and very exciting. His music just transports you to new worlds....it's going to be awesome!

Also with Elfman doing the music and a sequel being made, who’s to say we can’t see Beetlejuice make a future appearance? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.