Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 481 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never been a fan of Elfman ... his music alll seem to have the same kind of sound. Maybe because it's rumored he whistles his themes and someone who writes music transcribes them. But (to me) it always sounds like he starts with the same beat (1-2-2-1-2-2) and builds up from there. He's certainly not in league with the J's (John Williams, James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith). IMHO of course.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Skold and belloq87
Just for the sake of conversation, how "scary" do you believe the speculated Monster's land to be? I personally don't believe it will be anywhere near as scary as HHN and drive for a more spooky "family friendly" approach. Maybe a couple steps up from Haunted Mansion, but they wouldn't want to alienate family's with (let's say) 7 or 8 year olds (just using those ages as a generalization).

Just for the sake of conversation, how "scary" do you believe the speculated Monster's land to be? I personally don't believe it will be anywhere near as scary as HHN and drive for a more spooky "family friendly" approach. Maybe a couple steps up from Haunted Mansion, but they wouldn't want to alienate family's with (let's say) 7 or 8 year olds (just using those ages as a generalization).
I don't know anything but based off speculation it sounds like the land itself will be like haunted mansion level but the dark ride could be a step above.

Just based off what insiders have alluded to:

• Land itself should be family friendly, more "spooky" than scary
  • Wolfman likely won't be too scary either, family coaster
  • Meet and greets with monsters will not be HHN style, more traditional
  • Main attraction could be frightening, especially since the movement profile is speculated to be more intense than Forbidden Journey. Could be oriented towards an older crowd more than anything else in the park
  • Nighttime atmosphere could be more frightening than day, unique lighting and sound effects and pyrotechnic show on windmill

Anything I'm forgetting or wrong about?

Just based off what insiders have alluded to:

• Land itself should be family friendly, more "spooky" than scary
  • Wolfman likely won't be too scary either, family coaster
  • Meet and greets with monsters will not be HHN style, more traditional
  • Main attraction could be frightening, especially since the movement profile is speculated to be more intense than Forbidden Journey. Could be oriented towards an older crowd more than anything else in the park
  • Nighttime atmosphere could be more frightening than day, unique lighting and sound effects and pyrotechnic show on windmill

Anything I'm forgetting or wrong about?
This is exactly what I suspect, along with beer and pretzels.

don't worry, they drink beer in scotland
You need a couple of cases to be brave enough to eat Haggis. :D
Matthew Broderick GIF

Reactions: belloq87
I'm still trying to get over the coaster placement in Monsters....please tell me everything will be OK. o_O

I know that Monsters will look fantastic when all is said and done but I still wish it would have had more of a village feel...hence my disdain for the coaster location.
That is/was definitely my biggest criticism for that area because it seems like such a Universal solution.

Let’s plop down a coaster and hopefully that solves some issues since it’s cheaper then trying to develop a whole new concept.

However they have proven they can do really good themed coasters so I’m not as worried about it anymore. Now we need them to build that Creatures boat ride and the land will be complete in my eyes.

I'm still trying to get over the coaster placement in Monsters....please tell me everything will be OK. o_O

I know that Monsters will look fantastic when all is said and done but I still wish it would have had more of a village feel...hence my disdain for the coaster location.
I believe the surroundings of the coaster will be wooded and themed. I don't think the original central plaza plans would have added much to the village feel either, and and we're actually getting a structure we wouldn't have gotten otherwise with the coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.