Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but considering it seems the rumored storyline is years after the frankenfilms, many ucms didn’t just age out but fully died on screen, and never quite met, with their films taking YEARS apart. It’s like having a ride where Stoick the Vast is in the fight against Grimmel in the third HTTYD. Hell, assumably, BOF lives for like five minutes before dying. If it’s years later and some of the UCMs are definitively dead (invisible man, the phantom, possibly BOF), in their films, one can understandably assume they may need a device to link them all together. This isn’t even touching on the fact that they may want to go through iconic scenes with each character which happen at different times and locations. It’s not the definitive storyline, but it’s surely a possibility.

(Cont) if they did wanna do iconic scenes, clearly it’s been some time since those scenes popped up of a character like Dr frankensteins greanddaughter is grown and in charge of the castle now
This is Galaxy's Edge level nonsense

I mean but just at the basis of showing us iconic scenes, if Frankengrandaughter is the host all of these things happened in the past, so that’s how they’d show them to us (if not, why not just use the doctor himself? When the Frankenstein moments go down?). Also expect this to be my favorite world no matter what they do :D
Just feel like that’s the only way they could have a story where we see them all.
What iconic scenes? I’m confused as to what your expectations of this attraction are (and I specify the attraction, because I don’t expect the Monsters to be out in the land doing meet and greets). The attraction isn’t going to recreate scenes from the movies. The best you’ll get are homages that are similar but fit within the story they’re telling.

Granddaughter Frankenstein initiates the ride somehow. Monsters show up trying to get you. You’re not riding the movies here.

The only monsters I’m certain are showing up anyway are The Monster, a Dracula, a Wolfman, a Mummy, and a Gillman. There’s definitely a chance for the rest, but those are the ones most guests care about.

What iconic scenes? I’m confused as to what your expectations of this attraction are (and I specify the attraction, because I don’t expect the Monsters to be out in the land doing meet and greets). The attraction isn’t going to recreate scenes from the movies. The best you’ll get are homages that are similar but fit within the story they’re telling.

Granddaughter Frankenstein initiates the ride somehow. Monsters show up trying to get you. You’re not riding the movies here.

The only monsters I’m certain are showing up anyway are The Monster, a Dracula, a Wolfman, a Mummy, and a Gillman. There’s definitely a chance for the rest, but those are the ones most guests care about.
Ah
This ride sounds very fun nonetheless. You think any UCMs won’t show up and will be in the walkthrough or show? Or expansion?

Just realized HTTYD world may need a lot of netting with that coaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Magic-Man
I’ve seen the clean up records. The land was highly contaminated from at very least the manufacturing process of Lockheed Martin, if not more.

Universal originally made plans to split the costs with them to clean it up when they originally owned it in the late 1990s. Slowly the land was cleaned, and in recent years, with Universal taking ownership over it again, the clean up was sped up.

Recent records show that the area to the east of where the new parking lot will be built is still testing positive for a toxin and will need another round of cleanup.

I’m on mobile, but when I’m on my computer I will post more details on the latest round of testing.

EDIT: Here you go. This was from a report last year with the county... Look at number 4 and 7.

View attachment 11140
Are you aware of what kind of contamination they dealt with? I know toxins are okay to clean up but heavy metals can be a nightmare.

I don’t have a clue how to search the records, hence me asking:bonk:

Are you aware of what kind of contamination they dealt with? I know toxins are okay to clean up but heavy metals can be a nightmare.

I don’t have a clue how to search the records, hence me asking:bonk:
Latest findings I saw were about benzine levels in the soil tests.

The Invisible Man will def be there.... I've heard reports he's already been spotted on site.

Really excited to see how the Kuka arm system works for this is if that is still the rumor. I think its design for FJ works really well with the screen domes and how everything is sorta on 1 side of the "track" yet it feels like you're in a 360 set (it even may be a full 360 set and I don't notice, speaks to how much action there is on the ride) but I realllyyyy hope theres some way to make this a full 360 set with things going on left and right to us going on inside the castle. God there's so much potential here. I wonder if any screens will be used as well.

We may have discussed this before, hell I may have even but trying to keep things straight, are we getting an original castle design? Or officially Frankie's from the film? These are the two I have in mind. I understand if insiders can't/won't answer, not trying to blow up anyones spot!
Option 1:
Castle Frankenstein | Mary Shelley Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Option 2:
Castle Frankenstein | Horror Film Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

I really like both honestly, 2nd one seems easier to pull off in a theme park but honestly who knows. Just my best guesses.

Reactions: jrn14
Just curious if anyone has any idea what the "vehicle" will be if the Monster's ride is a Kuka arm... I'm imagining it won't be a flying bench ha ha.

Just curious if anyone has any idea what the "vehicle" will be if the Monster's ride is a Kuka arm... I'm imagining it won't be a flying bench ha ha.
Some kinda fancy seat in a castle probably idk. I don’t think it’s as necessary for this plus for all we know this may not move around as much as FJ does.

Status
Not open for further replies.