Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 518 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to future Nintendo IP, I'm not really sure how much deeper Universal even digs into Nintendo's IP catalog if we were to assume that eventually we see Zelda at IOA and Pokémon at USF? That would cover all of Nintendo's most popular franchises with a land at each of the 3 parks similar to Potter.

The last obvious area to build more Nintendo is the expansion pad in EU between Mario and Monsters. But that would get you 1 land or 2 mini lands to put whatever remaining Nintendo you want in it. That I'm not really sure we would see many B-tier franchises like Metroid or Kirby ever come to the resort unless we end up getting a 4th park in Orlando one day?
Zelda seems to be much more set in stone for a US Universal park (IOA) than Pokemon. Pokemon could very well be a Japan exclusive.

If Pokemon doesn't appear at USF, Universal is just plain dumb lol. As for Nintendo expansion in Epic, I could see Donkey Kong getting some more real estate. A play area or a boat ride would both do well I think. I don't love the idea of Luigi's Mansion in Epic (as per Screamscape), just because to me, that's too similar to Monsters right next door, and conceptually too similar to Haunted Mansion just down the road. PLUS Bowser's Challenge already has a Boo's Haunted Mansion-themed segment. I could maybe see them doing something with Animal Crossing though. New Horizons crazy high sales were a bit of a "right thing at the right time" kind of fluke, but it still got millions of people into the franchise. Plus it'd be a merch juggernaut, and would 1000000% go viral on TikTok. Maybe a "train" dark ride and a bunch of interactive mini-games, plus a town hall where you can meet Tom Nook and Isabelle.

Pokemon is definitely not gonna be a Japan exclusive. There's no way that happens
Pokémon is a much more solid IP than Zelda. It would be very silly for Uni to build a land based on the latter and not the former.
FWIW, @Tomfoolery once said "Who's to say a deal hasn't already been worked out?" which to me considering how spot on he is about most things Universal, he could very well be implying that some deal was cut behind the scenes to bring Pokemon to the States. I hope he's right. To me, Pokemon also seems like a logical replacement for Simpsons in both Florida and Hollywood assuming the contract is up in 2028 and Universal wants to move on from the IP.

Reactions: TylerG
FWIW, @Tomfoolery once said "Who's to say a deal hasn't already been worked out?" which to me considering how spot on he is about most things Universal, he could very well be implying that some deal was cut behind the scenes to bring Pokemon to the States. I hope he's right. To me, Pokemon also seems like a logical replacement for Simpsons in both Florida and Hollywood assuming the contract is up in 2028 and Universal wants to move on from the IP.
Do you not like The Simpsons because… ???

If Pokemon doesn't appear at USF, Universal is just plain dumb lol. As for Nintendo expansion in Epic, I could see Donkey Kong getting some more real estate. A play area or a boat ride would both do well I think. I don't love the idea of Luigi's Mansion in Epic (as per Screamscape), just because to me, that's too similar to Monsters right next door, and conceptually too similar to Haunted Mansion just down the road. PLUS Bowser's Challenge already has a Boo's Haunted Mansion-themed segment. I could maybe see them doing something with Animal Crossing though. New Horizons crazy high sales were a bit of a "right thing at the right time" kind of fluke, but it still got millions of people into the franchise. Plus it'd be a merch juggernaut, and would 1000000% go viral on TikTok. Maybe a "train" dark ride and a bunch of interactive mini-games, plus a town hall where you can meet Tom Nook and Isabelle.
Just my opinion but... I get pretty much excited about ANY new theme park edition, even when I'm not a major fan of the IP... but Animal Crossing would be the dumbest waste or real estate and money IMO. Nothing about that IP seems interesting or worthwhile in terms of theme parks. It is just so niche and I think it would be a monumental flop.

TBH me and most people I know are pretty disappointed with Super Nintendo World at Universal Hollywood. It is so small and overcrowded and the Mario Kart ride is such a let down. And I love Mario, but there really isn't much calling me back to the land. I know for sure though the Donkey Kong coaster will be way more satisfying for me personally.

Do you not like The Simpsons because… ???
I don't think this is a case of "do not like" as much as Simpsons has run its course for Universal, and when the contract is up there's little reason to renew it, especially since Disney now holds the rights. They made back their investments in Simpsons several times over at this point, but it makes more sense to bring in something more "in demand" to replace them now. And I say this as a long time, die hard Simpsons fan.

In this wish list topic we haven't talked a lot about food.
Universal, I want this.
F_400gIbwAAzHMo

Isn’t it true someone from Epcot now runs food and beverage at UOR? That would frankly explain a lot. Love the trend!!!
You could tell they're finally getting to fixing F&B at UOR, but it's been a slow climb. Food is starting to become somewhat decent, they just need their ops in check and their mobile order option to actually work properly. (And actually keep restaurants open to park close)

I'm really interested to see how the resort changes from an ops perspective in 2024 as they should be seeing enhancements to backend features and gearing up for EU

I would guess they'll be poaching (to use a culinary pun) more talent from Disney as the opening draws closer and they want to get top flight chefs for the signature restaurants.
I've always loved the small plates menu at Strongwater. When they opened, the Executive Chef walked over to our table, sat down, and chatted with us for ten minutes or so. He talked about his background and what he wanted to achieve with Strongwater. His previous work was with Disney. Strongwater is probably one of the best, if not the best, restaurant/bar at Universal.

I'd guess that the Atlantic and the restaurant in front of the hotel are "fine dining" and will each have executive chefs overseeing them-- top flight people to create the level of cuisine expected.

I don't think this is a case of "do not like" as much as Simpsons has run its course for Universal, and when the contract is up there's little reason to renew it, especially since Disney now holds the rights. They made back their investments in Simpsons several times over at this point, but it makes more sense to bring in something more "in demand" to replace them now. And I say this as a long time, die hard Simpsons fan.
While I certainly agree my post was more so geared towards that certain poster that seems to mention The Simpsons under every single thread even it’s not related to that particular ride.

While I certainly agree my post was more so geared towards that certain poster that seems to mention The Simpsons under every single thread even it’s not related to that particular ride.
I would say that Simpsons is probably the worst ride system in the park. I know people who don't normally get motion sickness get sick on that ride. It is one of the rides that I can skip every time because even I sometimes don't feel well after it and it is just OK. I know people don't like F&F but I would replace Simpson's ride before F&F. However, if it stays the same IP that is OK, but I don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.