Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 381 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally off topic and I didn't know where to put it so...but anyways when did inside the magic become so trashy?? Like sooo click baity and sometimes stretchy?

Since it was sold off it's always been pretty poor, but it feels like the past few weeks they've really gone off the deep end. Maybe becoming a meme drives traffic and engagement?

It’s become the TMZ of theme park news, I’m sorry, but it has.

A guide to creating content for sites/channels like ITM:

#1. Twitter search whatever subject you cover.

#2. Find some random opinion, almost always a complaint.

#3. Use that opinion as a basis for your article/video: "Fans SLAM [subject you cover] for [whatever was complained about]!"

#4. Watch that sweet sweet ad revenue flow!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suchomimus
Since it was sold off it's always been pretty poor, but it feels like the past few weeks they've really gone off the deep end. Maybe becoming a meme drives traffic and engagement?
Seems that's the goal. Wow

A guide to creating content for sites/channels like ITM:

#1. Twitter search whatever subject you cover.

#2. Find some random opinion, almost always a complaint.

#3. Use that opinion as a basis for your article/video: "Fans SLAM [subject you cover] for [whatever was complained about]!"

#4. Watch that sweet sweet ad revenue flow!
Seriously though. What pissed me off is them making the cat in the hat kid being flung out over like 10 years ago incident synonymous with the icon park incident. Like hot sauce on a wounding it>:O it was in very poor taste

Anyway the more I think about it I highly doubt there will be much going places in the Ministry ride, based off the fact that it didn’t seem that way for the second iteration of the plan. It just seems more logical that the only change made was the ride vehicle. Still conflicted on this (could be wrong of course), after the previous concepts it could be considered a downgrade. On the other hand, if enough of it is practical I do really like the idea of a 21st century CoP. Worst case scenario is a glorified Simpsons or another Spidey retread, best case scenario is like JWA with brilliant use of the Transformers elevator system to begin the ride (loading area) and as a transition between scenes. Just don’t want Monsters to be the only standout at this park!

Reactions: belloq87
Variety is reporting it looks like Warners has pulled the plug on any further Fantastic Beasts films:

Wonder how much impact this will have on EU's Harry Potter area, or were they already steering far enough away from the films? It seemed like they were already making it as generically Wizarding World as possible.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Variety is reporting it looks like Warners has pulled the plug on any further Fantastic Beasts films:

Wonder how much impact this will have on EU's Harry Potter area, or were they already steering far enough away from the films? It seemed like they were already making it as generically Wizarding World as possible.

To be fair, the article says: "As for what’s next? There’s speculation about whether or not “Fantastic Beasts” will complete its ambitions as a five-film franchise. At the moment, there’s no screenplay for a fourth installment, sources have confirmed. Executives at Warner Bros. are waiting to see how “The Secrets of Dumbledore” is received before giving films four and five the greenlight."

So the plug hasn't entirely been pulled, but if I were a betting man, I'd say this upcoming weekend is still going to be the nail in the coffin for Fantastic Beasts as a property and that WB execs go into overdrive trying to figure out how much money they need to dump on Radcliffe's and Watson's lawns to get them to change their minds about coming back sooner than later.

Either way, I'm definitely expecting Epic to steer away from any overt FB connections, and curious how -- if the Wizarding World does indeed stall out in the film realm for the foreseeable future -- what the future would then hold for any future theme park expansions around the world before they run out of "familiar material" to work with.

The theater plans were probably further along than any show to be placed in it. Honestly, I don’t think they had much of a “show” developed when it was canned. Just my thoughts based on what I can gather.
I can see that, the design of these lands seems to be almost as important as the attractions in some aspects. I think Universal knows/wants things to look great. They generally nail that.

Status
Not open for further replies.