Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 478 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that is the new logo I would like to get “officially released.” It has not been released to the public yet, DESPITE being shared by some outlets. Universal has not revealed that logo publicly yet.
Okay gotcha, I liked that logo. It feels very Dreamworks to me in the best way.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I just thought...

Is there any room in Dark Universe for them to add in the Wolfman AE one day (or, since we're getting the coaster, just any monster AE)?

If we’re going Alien Encounter, there’s really just one choice that would fit better than anything else.

The Invisible Man.

Invisible Man could work for some pretty creepy audio moments, but I'm not sure he could hold an entire show with that.

Meanwhile with Wolfy, you could really go all in with both audio and special effects (think the floor rumbling as he's running around, or (like AE) the sound and feel of him sniffing and breathing right on your neck as he's looking for his next victim).

I think the closest monster there is to that would be Drac, which would also be pretty epic.
To me Phantom of the Opera would make a lot of sense. Those who have seen the musical will recall the scene where we the audience act as the audience during one of the Phantom’s attacks. It involves surround sound, darkness, etc and seems a great/easy fit thematically.

Wasn't 'Water World' notorious for being the first super big budget movie to flop at the box office? So funny its legacy lives on.

The main character was a Mutant, so it could be a code name for an X-Men Land ... (joking)

What exactly is replacing Kid Zone?
Dreamwork properties. Looks like a show, two new play areas, retheme of the coaster. There’s some interesting character tech patents that may or not be used. I’m still just hoping the theming is more expansive.

But ya to Joe’s point, all of that is coming to offset the dip. It’s why MIB was added, when IOA was opening. They are getting the other parks under the best possible shape (within reason) and adding in new offerings to help keep people from skipping out over the next two years.

Edit: Alicia is correct - MIB opened after IOA, not before. My bad.

Last edited:
Wasn't 'Water World' notorious for being the first super big budget movie to flop at the box office? So funny its legacy lives on.

The main character was a Mutant, so it could be a code name for an X-Men Land ... (joking)

Waterworld lost money, but it was very much overshadowed by Cutthroat Island a few months later. That ended up as one of the biggest flops of all time.

I want WW at UOR, but I think it makes much more sense in Lost Contient.

Nothing on MIB's level is coming in the next two years, though.

I'm hoping we get a real Men in Black equivalent (in more ways than one) in 2026.
I’m not a part of Universal, so I have no idea about their data or goals, but I would assume they view the combination of all of these additions to be equally as beneficial as one ride (MIB). Not everything is a 1 to 1. If we get something like Zelda in 2026 or 2027, that feels like a cherry to me.

Nothing on MIB's level is coming in the next two years, though.

I'm hoping we get a real Men in Black equivalent (in more ways than one) in 2026.
Huh ??

That’s a huge assumption on your part don’t you think ??

We still need the attraction for the FB land to be built so I’m sure that’s not going to stay empty for long.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Huh ??

That’s a huge assumption on your part don’t you think ??

We still need the attraction for the FB land to be built so I’m sure that’s not going to stay empty for long.

I mean I guess I'm confused. Is there something even potentially opening before EU that could be on MIB's level?

The need for an MiB equivalent is even more pressing in this case because of EU's distance from the existing parks - its a lot easier to get IOA visitors to wander over to the Studios then it is to get them to relocate to an entirely different campus. A series of replacements for previously offered entertainment, however impressive they might be, are unlikely to do the trick, nor is a reskinned children's play area. Perhaps Universal doesn't feel this is a cause for concern, or perhaps they have something ready to go for 2026.

Also, it would be neat if any critical post on this board, however mild, wasn't immediately met with condescension and aggression, passive or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.