Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems about right. I assume there's lines you might wait in which are not technically an attraction queue. I assume Disney is still asking guests to wear masks once they are in an official "queue"? Eg the Frozen queue which extends over to China at Epcot.
Disney's exact wording is "Upon entering and throughout all attractions" which makes me think the official judgement call is roughly once you pass the wait time/entrance sign as something that stretches out like your example may fall into what Disney is calling "outdoor common areas". But I'm not in the parks today so this is all pure speculation :lol:

Reactions: RFRees
Disney's exact wording is "Upon entering and throughout all attractions" which makes me think the official judgement call is roughly once you pass the wait time/entrance sign as something that stretches out like your example may fall into what Disney is calling "outdoor common areas". But I'm not in the parks today so this is all pure speculation :lol:
That is exactly right.

UPDATE: At AK, they’re still asking we keep 6 feet apart in line. Markers reflect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RFRees and Tbad556
With the mask changes, Universal can move team members who were previously roving around the parks reminding people to mask up and people manning the U-rest areas to attraction entrances to have them enforce mask rules there.

Yeah I’m at IOA now....holy expletive is it crowded. I know it’s probably because of them lifting the mask mandate. Lots of locals were probably saying I’m good to go now. Also Disney still has their current capacity in effect until this coming Monday. It will probably get way more crowded there starting next week, but man I felt way safer there earlier than I do currently.

Alright so quick review (side note: I rode Velocicoaster, in depth review coming soon)

A lot of folks had their masks on in the streets, although some didn't, it was very crowded so I kept mine on the whole day.

TMs were in lines enforcing it, and from what I could tell, people listened

There is messaging in each queue line about wearing masks for the majority of "the experience" which seemed to encompass everything clearly

People are somewhat spacing out still which is kind of interesting, not to six feet, but large enough to where I didn't feel uncomfortable

Obviously not the appropriate thread, but it seemed everything but Veloci was dispatching incredibly slow...maybe it was just me

...And that's about it.

Reactions: Tristan and USO92
I went yesterday. There was a good amount still masking up, but also a good amount not - which is probably an amount that will make people who are hesitant with the change still uncomfortable. I still masked up outside depending on the situation, mostly if I was in a crowded area and waiting (i.e. Security and the beer line).

I agree, I'm not sure how that would work with Velocicoaster, but the spot right before Hogwarts is awful
It physically can’t work the way the queue flows right now and since it’s been working well - I can’t see them opening it any time soon.

Those who have been since social distancing and masks mandates have changed, do they still have hand sanitizer stations out?

Reactions: HalfGlass