Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No sanitizer being given to guests on rides today.

Is sanitizer still widely-available (and just no longer mandatory before riding), or has it been scaled-back altogether?

Honestly, plentiful hand sanitizer is one of the changes I was hoping would stick around. But I guess management would prefer I purchase some in the gift shops!

I'll bring my own.

Reactions: RFRees and Skold
Is sanitizer still widely-available (and just no longer mandatory before riding), or has it been scaled-back altogether?

Honestly, plentiful hand sanitizer is one of the changes I was hoping would stick around. But I guess management would prefer I purchase some in the gift shops!

I'll bring my own.

Totally agree, I wanted that to stick around.

Seems to be gone completely in ride queues. Exit queues still have stations, but only 50% of those even have sanitizer in them (and it’s been like that all week).

Reactions: belloq87

I'll bring my own.
Been here all week and every ride has been giving sanitizer before you ride and stations are full after you left ride. Only exception we found found is hogwarts express

Reactions: belloq87
Been here all week and every ride has been giving sanitizer before you ride and stations are full after you left ride. Only exception we found found is hogwarts express

What rides did you hit today? HRRR, Mummy, Transformers, MIB, Simpsons, ET, all did not. Maybe its a USF thing. Heading to IOA shortly so we shall see.

Prior to today, every ride had it all week.

What rides did you hit today? HRRR, Mummy, Transformers, MIB, Simpsons, ET, all did not. Maybe its a USF thing. Heading to IOA shortly so we shall see.

Prior to today, every ride had it all week.

Today we saw it on Spiderman,
Kong, Jurassic Park(none there) Hogwart Express from Hogsmeade (no). They may be phasing it out to put in dispensers at the start of some rides but all the after show Purel boxes were full that we used.

Just came off Transformers and they had two dispensers before the ride and after, but no cast members manually providing sanitizer.

Last edited:

I’m at Studios now, but haven’t ridden anything. Was at Volcano this morning and they gave sanitizer on the Aquacoaster, but nothing else.

Rode FJ, JPRA, Kong, Spider-Man, Hulk, Cat in the Hat, and Trolley, no sanitizer on any.

Asked the loading TM on Spider-Man (ha I know, take that for what it’s worth) and he said it is optional now, followed by “oh do you want some?”. We bring our own so no prob, but I did like the practice. Oh well.

Edit: some of these have dispensers now, only a few worked. Maybe I just have bad luck there.

Last edited:
Reactions: RFRees and belloq87
We switched to Hard Rock from CBBR today and HRH has one of the best things I’ve seen. I hope it sticks around.

For years, I’ve been that guy that brings a ziploc bag to put the room remote in before I touch it. Did that at CBBR. The remote at HRH has a clear plastic baggy-sleeve around it! Genius!

Reactions: Frank Drackman